18

—Zeldris' POV—
"Umm...Mr. Demon King, sir?" I heard a boy's voice behind me as I was walking down the hall. I turned around and saw it was the kid I'd confronted at the battle months ago. "Don't call me that. Zeldris is fine," I told him, it still felt weird after all these years to be called the Demon King by anyone other than Ali and that was in bed. He was trembling in fear, he hadn't actually approached me since that day, though I wasn't around them as often as Ali or Meliodas. "Uhm, okay...Zeldris...uhm...could you, maybe, give me some uhh swordsmanship pointers?" he stuttered out. I furrowed my brows at him, "Dezran and Az aren't helping you? Or Asta and Amai?" He looked like he wanted to turn around and run instead of answering. "Why are you so afraid of me?" I asked, "If anything, you should be trembling in fear by my brother. He's way more ruthless and cold than I've ever been." He looked down at the ground, "Uhm...I guess cause he's always smiling and you're not? But uhm, they are helping me it's just..."

This poor fucking kid. How did he ever get drafted into Arthur's army? He could barely talk to me let alone have the courage to fight. "So why do you want my help, then?" I asked, trying to soften my voice to see if it helped, "I have six kids you know...plus two grandbabies. I'm the softie compared to Meliodas, there's no need to be so nervous around me." He gave me a small smile, "You're the best in the realm and I want to learn from the best if I'm gonna get better," he admitted shyly. I grinned, "That's better. You're like a shy and anxious Asta. He wants to beat me one day. I'll find some time and I'll let you know." His eyes lit up excitedly, "Thank you, Zeldris! I can't wait!" I smiled as I watched him run off back the way he came. I continued walking, heading towards my room when I passed Amaimon and Astaroth's room and heard...noises. I rolled my eyes and knocked loudly on the door, "Hey! I can hear you out here, be a little more courteous of others whichever one is in there," I yelled. "You're one to talk, Dad! I passed the throne room earlier when you were with Mom!" Amaimon yelled back, making my face red. "...alright, fair enough. We'll be quieter so you should too!" I responded, walking off quickly.

The next room was the same and given I knew where Azriel and Niya were, I knew who it was. "Meliodas can deal with it," I muttered as I passed by and opened the door of my own room. Ali and my brother were napping so I checked on the twins. They were awake and looked up at me, making me grin. "You two are awfully quiet compared to the other four," I whispered, rubbing my thumb on each of their little cheeks. I picked each of them up and sat down on the couch, "I don't think I've had a chance to hold you both at the same time yet. Makes me miss when Az and Nini were tiny babies," I told them, not that they could understand me. I could've sworn I saw Rin smile a little but he was only a few weeks old so it was probably just my eyes playing a trick on me. I sat with them for awhile, chatting quietly about nothing in particular before they started to fall back asleep. After I put them in the crib, I crawled into bed on the other side of Ali and pulled her over to me, snickering a little when Meliodas grumbled from being jostled. I kissed her forehead and hugged her close to me. "5 more minutes..." she mumbled, making me giggle quietly. "It's nighttime, I just got to bed," I whispered. She hummed sleepily and kissed my chest, making me smile.

—3 months later—
—My POV—
I woke up to Rin crying, I could tell which one it was based off their cry and he'd grown out of his quiet phase. I shook Zeldris awake, "Zel...Rin...crying," I mumbled sleepily. He groaned, "He's Mel's son...he can...get him..." he replied grumpily. "He likes you best..." Meliodas grumbled from the other side of me. Zel huffed, we were all sleep deprived again, making us all grouchy. Zeldris reached over me and shoved Meliodas hard, pushing him completely out of the bed. I felt the rage exuding off the blonde as he stood up, "Stop. Get Rin," I ordered, not wanting to deal with them arguing again. He huffed but went to soothe his son anyway. We'd all been arguing a lot lately, with two babies and the ongoing conflict with Arthur it was a lot of stress for all of us. Once he got him settled down, he climbed back into bed next to me. I wiggled out of the black haired brother's grasp, much to his chagrin, and cuddled up to Meliodas to pacify him.