21

Azriel's coronation was short and sweet, Zeldris was beaming at his firstborn as he put the crown that he never wore on his son's head. Azriel looked like he was going to faint after, none of us really expected Zeldris to step down as Demon King so soon but he felt he had good reason and I didn't mind. He wouldn't be as busy anymore, meaning I got more time with him again. Iseldis and Lenny were smiling just as big and his younger brothers and sisters were happy for him as well. "I'm next, don't forget that, Azy!" Astaroth announced after everything was all said and done, making us chuckle. "Hey Asta, come here a sec," I called, walking away from everyone. "What's up, Momma?" he asked, worry in his voice. "Maimai told me that you had an incident with Rin too...when your Dad took you to Danafor when you were a kid, did that help put things into perspective?" I asked quietly. He nodded, "It did...I was afraid of what I'd do if I lost control like that...Momma, Rin is so much stronger than I was when I was a kid. I'm worried about him. He's scared and upset, he knows he's different than us..." tears welled in his eyes, he was particularly attached to his little brother.

I pulled him into a hug, I realized then how much he'd grown. It was like hugging Meliodas. My other two older boys looked just like Zel but they never did quite fill out as much as he did and Azriel was taller, but Astaroth grew to be exactly like his Dad. "It'll be alright, baby. We just gotta make sure he knows he's loved and he isn't alone. Your Dad, Uncle, and I are gonna take him to Danafor tomorrow. Can you keep an eye on Mira for us? She seems to really like Erza too," I grinned, Erza was a wonderful person for Astaroth, she balanced him out and in my opinion kept him more level headed. He nodded, "Yeah, we can do that, Momma. I hope he has a better time than I did in Britannia at his age. Are you gonna take him to see Aunt Elizabeth too?" he asked. I hummed, "We'll see how things go first. Danafor is far south from the portal." He smiled and nodded, "Be careful in Britannia, Momma. I may be an adult now but I still need you." I grinned at him and ruffled his black streaked blonde hair, "Your Momma is a lot tougher than you think. I'll be okay."

Later that day I was sitting in the garden by myself admiring the sunflowers. I couldn't believe they'd been there over 20 years now since Zel had them grown there or that my eldest kids were in their 30s. I heard footsteps coming towards me, "Hey former Demon King, how's it feel to not be the ruler of the demon realm anymore?" I asked as he sat down beside me. He grinned, "As much as I enjoyed it, it's a huge relief. Az is gonna be great, I just hope he doesn't work himself to death." I grinned back, "He still has you to help him, he'll be alright. It's not like when we first came back to nothing." He hummed in acknowledgment then looked at me, his green eyes would never get old to me. "I know you're worried about Rin, but he'll be okay, Ali. Asta and Mel are both okay and have a handle on their temper, he can too," he reassured me softly. "I know Zel...I feel guilty for making him this way. The same way I felt with Azy when his vampiric powers awakened," I leaned my head against his shoulder. "Az is the Demon King now, so I'd say he turned out all alright," he kissed my forehead after. I turned my face to look at him and kissed his lips softly.

He responded by kissing me back harder, using his hand behind my head to deepen it. I licked his lower lip slowly, asking to be let in to which he happily let me. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down with me, laying in the soft dirt below us. We made out slowly, savoring the taste and feel of each other. I slid my hand under his shirt to graze his skin with my nails gently, giving him goosebumps. I smirked against his lips, "You think that's funny, do you?" his voice was husky and lower than normal. He pushed my shirt up and used the tip of his tongue to lightly lick one of my nipples then blew on it, making me shiver. He smirked, "If you're gonna give me goosebumps, I'm gonna make you shiver," he continued his teasing as I put my fingers in his silky black hair, pulling lightly every time I shuddered. I felt his mouth around my nipple, he was finished teasing, causing me to moan giddily, his fingers rubbing my other nipple softly.