17. Birthday, Part I

OMG GUYS HAS IT BEEN TWO MONTHS!? I apologize so so much you, I didn't mean for this chapter to take so long I just had a lot of ideas for it, and I was having trouble putting all of it into words!!

Also, I thought I'd help with the feels from the finale (I didn't see it, no spoilers!!) or maybe, make them worse...

Hopefully this update will be out quicker... I only have 14 days left of school and then I'll have lots of time to write!! Yay!

So I should shut up now and let you read!! As always, enjoy, comment, and vote! Love you guys and thanks for sticking with me!

Emma paced back and forth on the cold, hardwood floor of Hook's cabin. She could hear him shouting at the prince she had yet to get a good glimpse of. His yells pierced through the cracks of the wooden boards.

After what seemed like hours, Emma heard the door of the brig slam shut, and footsteps padding up the steps to the captain's cabin.

She stopped pacing, and rushed over to sit on the chair in the corner of the room, trying to reason with herself... Hook was definitely going to be angry when he got in here, and she didn't know if that was something she would be prepared for.

Emma looked out the small window at the waves gently crashing against the side of the ship, the rays of the sun making them sparkle like jewels. The door opened, and she whipped her head around to see Hook fuming in the threshold of the door. She stood quickly, and began walking towards him as his hand shook with violence. Her feet calm to a halt as he swung his hook, growling as the metal dug into the wall next to him.

"Hook?" The blonde asked softly, her voice laced with fear.

He didn't look at her, his eyes closed as he banged his head once, leaning it against the wall that his hook was sunk into. "Emma," he said, trying to calm his anger. "What do you want?"

"I-" Emma wasn't quite sure why she was here, but she needed to come up with a reason. "I wanted to, um... Ask what happened with the prince," she said quickly, but then realizing that was not the right question to ask.

His eyes blazed a dangerous navy blue, and she sunk back a bit. "Not well, I presume, then..." Emma answered herself quickly, biting her lip.

He raised his head, pulling his hook out of the wall as small flakes of it fell down to his side. His feet took a step closer to Emma, and she took a step back. "I have made no bloody progress!" He roared, her eyes instinctively widening. "He won't tell me a thing! No amount of pain, threats, nothing will get him to reveal himself!" His voice was shaky, and his face was so red, Emma thought that he was going to burst.

"Calm down!" Emma screamed, pushing his chest back with her hand, his yells like a punch to the face.

His eyes were deadly, and his jaw tightened. "Calm down? Emma, he's hiding a lot of valuable information, I can't just calm down if he won't tell me what he knows!"

"What are you talking about?" Emma yelled, eyebrows raising in confusion.

His lips pressed tightly together, and he looked up in irritation. "You don't need to worry about it, okay? Leave my business to me."

Emma sighed. "Alright, fine," she didn't want him to get angry anymore, and she knew that if she pushed him too far, she would never get it out of him. "I don't know what you want from him, or why you insist on interrogating the poor man, but you are a pirate..." the woman gave a faint smile, and rolled her eyes. "But he's not going to break in just one day. You are going to have to take everything away from him, leave him to where he wishes he rather rot in hell than be in the brig of your ship." Emma couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth, but she spoke with so much confidence, and couldn't stop. "You can't destroy a person until you know what they're being strong for. You use their weakness against them."