1. Princess Emma

Emma had never been a very good princess. She hated all the royal duties, the long agonizing balls, and above all, the dresses.

If she ever got the chance, she would put on the pants that her dad gave her... Then her mom would start yelling at her, and tell her that is not would a queen would wear.

The arguments between the three went on and on... It was a miracle if they could go a day without fighting about something.

Her parents, Snow White and David were the rulers of the most populated and spectacular kingdom in all of the Enchanted Forest. One day, Emma would become the queen of this kingdom, and rule just as her parents do now. This was something she wasn't ready for, and probably would never be.

She was engaged to Prince Charles, in fact, she had been for as long as she could remember. She had never met him, but his descriptions made her dislike him nonetheless. He was probably boring, and not to mention a prince. By marrying him, there was no way to get out of being queen.

He was an heir that looked forward to the day he would take over the kingdom. She doubted he was her type at all.

She had begged, and begged her parents to let her out of the marriage, but every time, the answer was no, of course.

She wanted to marry for love, not because their kingdom had been sunk into a debt that they couldn't repay, thanks to the ogre wars. King Frederick and Queen Abigail were close allies, and fueled the Charming's kingdom all the money they needed. Abigail's father, King Midas, had the golden touch... Both a blessing and a curse.

In exchange for the supplement of gold, and to unite the two kingdoms, their son and Emma were to be wed when she turned the age of twenty. Unfortunately, that was coming up quicker than Emma wanted it to.

Twenty-eight days till she was stripped of her freedom.

But, there was one thing that had always made her feel better, always eased her nerves. That was the sea. She always felt it was wrong, and was always told it was crazy, but she felt like someday, it would be her home.

Probably because there was one thing she wanted more than anything.

She wanted to defy her parents, and the law, and show them that she was stronger than they thought, that she wouldn't be treated like some fragile antique.

She wanted to be free.