13. Burning

The kiss lasted for longer than it should've, but Emma couldn't pull away.

She kissed him back with as much passion as he did, and she tugged on his hair with one hand, pulling on the lapels of his jacket with the other.

His lips had the salty taste of rum and the sea.

He pushed her up against the mast, pulling her up into his arms.

She started to wrap her legs around him, but then her brain started to comprehend things.

She was kissing Hook.

She pulled her face away from him, pushing him back.

"Emma-"

"Stop, Hook."

He tried to kiss her again, but she wouldn't let him. "I can't. No, this-"

"Emma, love, stop thinking. Just feel."

He brought his lips closer to her's, but she didn't push him away... yet.

"No. I really... I don't think... This isn't right." She whispered the last part.

Her glance traveled to the ground, but Hook tilted her head up to look at him.

His eyes were glazed over, colored a sort of shady grey.

"Emma, what do you mean?"

Emma shook her head, and tried to push past him, but he grabbed her arm.

"No," she said, pushing away the pain that came up. "You wouldn't understand."

She walked away, leaving the captain standing on the deck by himself.

"I'm sorry, Hook, but I should probably get some rest."

He nodded his head, and she walked back down into the lower part of the ship while Hook got lost deep in his thoughts, pulling out his flask of rum.

X X X

Emma slammed the door of her cabin, falling back against it before it closed.

Why did Hook have to be so enticing?

She sighed, and rubbed her eyes, not feeling tired, but stressed.

How much longer would she be able to push Hook away? She was falling... Hard. Once she fell all the way, it would be impossible to go back home. She would never want to leave.

Emma blinked once, and for the the first time, she realized what she had to do.

She would have to depart once they made port in Tortuga.

It may be a pirate port, but she could easily find her way back home.

X X X

Screaming echoed through the hallways, and Emma shot up in bed.

She only heard the shout once, but she went out of her room to investigate further.

Emma padded down the hall, hearing yelling from the last cabin. She rushed down there, not even realizing where she was headed; Hook's room.

As she threw open the door, she saw him thrashing around in his bed with no shirt on, just pants. She directed her attention away from the fact that he was half naked, and on to the fact that he was having a panic attack.

"Milah!" he screamed, and she rushed over, shaking him gently.

"Hook! HOOK!" He didn't wake up until she yelled into his ear. "Killian!"