22. Tortuga

alright tell me if this works! WATTPAD HAS BEEN SCREWING WITH ME FOR THE PAST HOUR NOT LETTING ME PUBLISHED THIS SO PLEASE HELP ME EDIT IT BECAUSE IT KEEPS DELETING MY CORRECTIONS!! :(( ENJOY :))

Emma's face brightened as she stepped off the ship. The atmosphere of the pirates was so much more jovial than it usually was, and that brought a smile to her lips. She was a bit skeptical of this port, she knew it was filled with nasty, rotten pirates like Blackbeard and his crew. For that, she was a bit fearful.

But she had Hook, and she had no doubt that most pirates would look the other way in a fight against him. She felt safer knowing that.

She was barely listening when Killian was talking to his crew, too caught up in staring at the town.

At a glance, it mostly looked like any other town, minus the drunks laying on every strip of road.

The thing that set it apart was the noise. There was so many shouts and curses, along with loud music, that Emma felt like she was drowning in the sounds.

Although it was much more amplified than she would have liked, it didn't make her hate the small port. In fact, she enjoyed it. She felt as if it was one of the things that made it the safe haven for every pirate... Besides the occupation of the residents, of course. What was a pirate port without pirates?

"You ready, Swan?" Killian asked with a smile sent her way. Emma barely heard him, so lost in her thoughts.

She turned to look at him, and grinned. "Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." She laughed a bit. "Where are we going?"

Killian smirked, cocking an eyebrow. "Well I've always fancied this tavern... It's a little ways down the road, but it's..." He struggled for a word, chuckling a bit. "Unique."

Emma let out a small giggle, and nodded.

"Plus it seemed fitting since, of course, we met at a tavern," he grinned.

Emma beamed, leaning up to give him a chaste kiss. "It sounds perfect, Killian."

XXX

To say the least, this tavern was a lot different then the one back home.

Back where Emma lived, most guests were just weary travellers, looking for a drink and a jolly time. There were occasionally a few troublemakers, but they got taught their lessons pretty quick. They were never throwing things across the room, standing on tabletops, or sitting on chandeliers.

Which is pretty much exactly what was going on here.

Upon walking in the room, Emma almost fainted. This was so not her scene.

"Remind me again why we are here." She asked with a skeptical look around the room.

Hook gazed at the pirates, grinning. "To get a drink."

She crinkled her eyebrows in confusion. "No, I mean... In Tortuga!" She practically had to yell over the noise of the insane tavern.

Hook gave her an odd gaze. "Well, we may be pirates, but sometimes we get tired of running. Sometimes we need a break." He shrugged. "So we come here."

Emma thought that sounded completely irrational, but she went along with it, and plastered a smile on her face.

"So milady, let's go get a drink." Hook smirked, holding out his elbow for her to link her arm with.

Emma at least wanted to make it look like she was having fun, so she followed him to a large table, and sat down next to him as he ordered a drink.