Chapter 1: Finn

I tore off my jersey and kicked my skates from my feet before stomping into the showers and turning on the coldest water I could handle. My muscles tensed as the drops hit my bare chest but soon relaxed when the feeling of relief came over me.

"You alright there, Tazer?" Kane called from the locker room.

"Give me 15 minutes and a beer and I'll be slightly better!" I joked. Laughter came from the room and I took a short breath in so the pain wouldn't shoot through my body once more.

Patrick walked through and leaned against the wall, "you might want to go get that checked out. Your side is purple."

I looked back at him and shook my head, "no I'll be fine. Just gotta get home and rest." I explained. I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking back to where the rest of the team was undressing.

Kane followed after me and smacked my back as I walked. I winced in pain and turned around to look at him, "what was that?"

"Get your scrawny ass in there to see the PT, right now!" He commanded.

I rolled my eyes and pulled a pair of gym shorts on before walking out and heading to see her. I walked in and my teeth gripped my bottom lip as a young girl swayed her hips to the radio.

Brown hair fell down to her back and she had to be half a foot shorter than me.

"Um I'm looking for the new PT." I explained.

She turned around and flashed a smile, "that's me. I'm Finely."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jonathan." I choked out. We exchanged smiles while I hopped up on the table.

She walked over to me and started to examine the bruise extending from my lower back to the top of my right ribcage.

"You must've taken a hard hit."

"Yeah I got cross-checked last night and it's been hurting ever since." I explained.

She poked around it a few times before picking up a clip board and writing down a few notes, "it's not broken, just a bad bruise. Go home and take a few Advil. Get here early tomorrow and I'll check again. You should be fine to play, just take it easy."

"No problem. Thanks, Finn." I said.

"It's Finely," she corrected.

"I'm calling you Finn." I responded as I walked out. The door closed behind me and I was struggling not to drop to my knees because of that girl.

I walked into the locker room and pulled a sweatshirt on over my head before walking out to the car. Kane leaned against the hood and watched as Finely walked to her car.

"Back off," I barked, "I'm calling that one."

"You did see her first." He admitted.

I got into the drivers seat and rolled the window down, "you coming over tonight?"

"yeah I'll be there. Need me to bring anything?"

"Nah I've got beer and I'm ordering a pizza. I'll see you then man."

I backed out of my parking spot and pulled behind Finely. I watched as she danced along to whatever song was playing from the speakers in her car.

She was stunning. Big brown eyes had melted me in a matter of minutes and for the first time in a long time my thoughts were fixed on a girl.

I got to my apartment and walked in to the kitchen to grab a bottle of Advil. I took three and walked into the living room and turned on ESPN. My phone buzzed twice before I slid my finger across the glass.

"Hello?" I muffled out.

"Hey Jonathan, it's Finely. I forgot to tell you to ice your side at some point tonight."

"will do. Thanks for calling me." I hung up and dropped the phone on the couch. I just wanted this girl off my mind.