Chapter 17

Finn:

he looked into our bathroom sink with tears rolling down his face. tears of joy. three positives sat there being stared at by a joyous dad with plans racing through his head.

I on the other hand watched Jamie stand there. a dallas ball cap faced backwards and his black hoodie fit around his body. he looked down one more time before looking up at me and smiling tremendously.

"baby," he grinned. his hands cupped my waist and our foreheads smushed together.

"its a baby, Jamie. not the flu but a baby."

"our baby. not just a baby. our baby. yours and mine!" he was filled with excitement.

I smiled but something felt off as he began to call his mom and dad. something wasn't right.

Jon:

I took another bite of soup and replayed her voicemail. something was wrong but she wasn't telling me. all I knew was that she wouldn't be talking to me anymore.

Pat walked in and dropped two tickets to the Bulls game in front of me. "you in or will you be tending your garden?"

I laughed despite it being aimed to hurt me. "yeah I'll be there." I responded, pushing my pain into the back of my mind like it didn't even matter. it doesn't...

the next night the boys and I lines the court. I looked around for an eligible girl to half way flirt with. and there I saw her. she sat across from us. long brown hair like Finn but she was much more stunning. she pushed her glasses up and noticed I was staring at her.

like a dumbass I waved but all she did was giggle and wave back before going back to the game.

during half time I ran across to find her and sure enough there she was waiting for me.

"are you waiting for me?" I asked

she giggled, "maybe. I'm Ary." she reached out her hand. I grasped it in mine but instead of shaking it pulled her closer to me. her giggle turned to a laugh.

"can I buy you a drink?" I asked, biting my lip back. 

it's short. I know. I'm sorry. I'll do better next time 😁