chapter 11: marry you

4 months later

the arena lights quickly shut off. I stood at the end of the entrance to the ice and smiled at finely as she stood in the middle of the ice. her name appeared across the screen and then the question "what's your favorite thing about her?". videos of different guys started playing as they all explained why they loved finely. from the way she made us all better people to how she adds attraction to our team since Sharpie left.

this continued on for a few minutes. different questions multiple answers until finally I appeared.

"Jonathan, why do you love her?" they asked.

a smile came across my face, "I love her because she loves the man I am, the man I was, and the man I plan to be."

"do think she'll say yes to the next question?"

"I hope so," I responded. I grabbed the ring box from the bench and skated to center ice just as the lights turned on.

Finn looked at me and smiled, "Jonny what is all of this?"

I dropped to my knee and pulled out the ring box and opened it. she gasped along with the crowd.

"I wanted to share this moment with you and a few thousand of our closest friends. I love you Finely and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. will you marry me?" I asked.

she covered her mouth with her hands and began to nod and cry at the same time. I slipped the ring on her finger then stood up to kiss her.

the crowd clapped as a picture of our team holding signs up saying she said yes came on screen.

we both skated off the ice and into the hallway. she pressed her lips to mine again before breathing out an I love you.

"there's just one thing," she said, "Dallas offered me a job. I'll be higher up and have much better pay but I don't need it. I'm saying no. I can't stand the idea of leaving you!"

"Finely that's fantastic. you have to say yes. we can make it long distance! off season is only a few months away. you can't turn down an offer like that!"

"Jon. are you sure?" she asked.

"yes. I'm sure. I love you. we will celebrate after the game!"

authors note- sorry it's short. really wanted it to focus only on the proposal and her news. thanks for reading.