14: Inflicted Wound

"Hrmmmm." Miruko half-hummed and half-sighed, her foot bouncing up and down by the ball as she waited in the hall of a hospital. Her giant Miruko stuffy hung by two fingers from each hand, twisting and spinning it back and forth while she waited. She wasn't anxious, well, actually she won't lie she is a little bit anxious given that Midoriya just went through surgery not too long ago but rather it was her irritation that was getting the better of her in the moment.

She's so stupid, that's what she kept telling herself. Stupid in that she should have personally been the one to see Midoriya to the hospital instead of leaving him on the street to take himself. She hasn't known him for long but already she just has that subtle feeling inside of her that when faced with a critical situation Midoriya is the type to do something so wild and so crazy that others wouldn't have expected him to do it. Even if it means risking his physical health for that to happen. Something tells Miruko that now that he has a Quirk in his life he has this feeling of being invincible and that he could save everybody despite obtaining severe amounts of injuries. She would take it upon herself to instill the fact that he doesn't completely have free will to do whatever he wants and whenever he wants but she only has custody over him for the week and this week alone. Not like she'll always be there for him.

Midoriya went through surgery, Stain was arrested and taken to a medical center for his injuries, and Iida was also taken into treatment for his own wounds. With Miruko's presence in the event that means her student was safe from having received a punishment in the usage of his Quirk against a villain/criminal. Iida however, was not so lucky, in that he will receive punishment for abandoning his position alongside Manual to search for the Hero Killer. Miruko would have taken Iida under her protection but she won't, and that's because she wants him to learn from the mistake that he did on his own choosing. Stain had given the student a chance to walk away unharmed and in the blind wrath of his family's pride, Iida denied it. She gets it, really. A young man trying to reclaim the honor that was spilled with the blood of his older sibling, but before that he should have thought about his wellbeing before that pride of his.

*tic*
*tic*
*tic*

The clock hanging on the wall behind her and over her head continued to tick as she leaned back in her chair and twisted around to look at it. It was getting late, but no matter the time she wanted to at least wait until the doctor exited from his room and notified her of how he was doing post-surgery. A giant claw poking through somebody's shoulder isn't exactly somebody could write home to and act like it was nothing. Cause it was definitely something that he won't be able to hide.

Something about his health was worrisome, and that troubled her. Ever since Midoriya gave her the giant Miruko stuffy back at the fair something changed, something that she's not too familiar with and it bothered her to a great degree because if anybody knows her body it's obviously her. So if there's something going on in her body that she doesn't know about it irritates and annoys her quite a lot. She thought back to the very moment after he handed her the stuffy, his smiling face and the genuine care that he was showing to her was visible like a tattoo sleeve on a nude person's body. Something about the kind gesture alone was enough to make her think back to her last relationship and how much of a horrendous nightmare it turned out to be. Already it feels like he's miles better than her previous experience.

But that was the thing, that right there. Why exactly WAS Miruko comparing Midoriya to her last relationship when they had no correlation with each other at all to begin with. It's a thought like that which kept running and running and running and running around the stupid hamster wheel of her mind, seemingly without stopping too. It's a seventeen year old from U.A there really shouldn't be any reason as to why she's comparing him to the man before. Then again, he was kind, and generous. And cute. And sweet. And thoughtful. And brave. And-