17: Spilled Beans

"Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh..." Midoriya sighed as he flopped back first onto the couch in Miruko's theater room, his bloated stomach sitting full and mighty like a small hill or a mound. His body drooped like noodles, eyes closing after a hearty feast made by his teacher that filled both heart and stomach with her culinary skill. "Miruko sure knows how to cook a meal that's for sure. Man that was good, wonder how long she's going to be at the neighbor's house though. May as well take a nap then-"

*BZZZT*
*BZZZT*

"-or not I guess." The student reached into his left pocket to pull out his phone, slightly annoyed at the deterrent that stood in front of a cozy and peaceful nap. When raising the phone up to his face however the annoyance left as quickly as it came when seeing who it was exactly that called him, answering the call and setting it to speaker mode due to the absence of anybody to listen in on his conversation. "Hey All Might."

"Young Midoriya! Hello my boy hello, I'm not disturbing you from anything am I?"

"No not really, I was gonna take a nap but it can wait don't worry about it. Something come up?"

"Oh no not at all, I was just calling to check in with you after what happened at Hosu and all. How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine, albeit with a giant pain in my right shoulder but aside from that I'm okay. Recovering is all."

"Good, that's very good I'm glad to hear that. I mean it'd sit a whole lot better on my heart if you didn't have a giant hole punched into your shoulder but to hear that you're doing fine is good enough for me. Is Miruko around by any chance?"

"No, she went to go speak with the neighbor about something. Do you need to speak with her?"

"No, I just needed to make sure for what I really wanted to call about. Stain."

"What about Stain?"

"Tell me, did the Hero Killer ingest your blood that night?"

"...yeahhhhh?" Midoriya sat up with a tingle running down his spine, feeling something to be very amiss at where this conversation was going. "H-He did."

"I see. Young Midoriya I want to take you back to the morning when I handed over One For All to you. Do you remember what it was that I said to you? Something important when it comes to how One For All works between successors?"

"Eat this!"

"Wha-No! No not that part. The other part when I explained how it's transferred from one wielder to the next."

"O-Oh, yeah. You said the method was for the next wielder to ingest a raw form of the predecessor's DNA...w-wait, waitwaitwait. Stain swallowed some of my blood...DOES THAT MEAN-"

"RELAX, calm down Young Midoriya let me explain before you go freaking out over there. When you return to U.A I will have another conversation about this with you but just for now I wanted to call so I could put your mind at ease about this in case you ever wondered about it. One For All can only be transferred if the current user WILLS it to, if they allow the power to transfer from their body onto the next. That morning of the exam I allowed One For All to be transferred over to you, if I didn't then you would've eaten a piece of hair with no meaning behind it whatsoever.