22: The Life Now

"Whoaaaaa. Hey Rumi look! We can see over the top of the Island now!"

Miruko put aside her phone for the time being as she leaned forward to a window that she and Midoriya shared on opposite ends of a row, looking out through said window and peering below. There underneath them, drifting endlessly and undisturbed through the massive plane of the ocean was I-Island, a once black smudge from a distance now coming into a fully detailed bird's eye view of the interior of the island. From above everything seemed so packed and small but once their private jet touched down and they exited onto the main grounds is when things would really come into perspective for them.

"Oh yeah look at that." She said, contrasting his excited and joyous tone with her more indifferent mood. "Seems a lot bigger than the last time I came here. Maybe they added a few things."

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah only once though a while back, I wasn't a fan. All this nerdy, tech-savvy gadgetry crap isn't my sort of thing to be interested in. This whole idea of having Quirk support items isn't my sort of flow to take part in. I prefer to rely on my senses, not tech."

"Not for me, I love that kind of information." Midoriya beamed, Miruko turning away from the window and smiling into the side of his eyes. "Being able to see what kind of support items exist for all the different Quirks out there and see what they can do? It's awesome! The number of possibilities for what kind of items the largest development facility has developed in there, it's near endless! Not to mention all the other heroes we'll be able to see in there too."

Midoriya continued to awe out the window over the view of I-Island, feeling his inner, younger self practically bounce all over the walls of his soul. Outside of U.A where All Might attended in his youth I-Island was to Midoriya a slice of what he could guess to be paradise slapped on Earth. The support items had to be endless, the sights and experiences of so many heroes from different parts of the globe had to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to go rabid with his notebook, and the feeling of being able to have his hands on those items was everything that his younger self could have ever wanted. Shame his mother wasn't here to see it with him, knowing her she probably would have went berserk with the tear shedding at seeing how happy her son is in a place like I-Island. Perhaps some other time.

As he continued to look out the window and down to the island he gained a strange sense that he was being stared at, and when peering at the left most side of his vision it was true, catching Miruko just staring at him in silence with a soft smile on her face. He turned away from the window to her, eyes darting side to side for a moment before shrugging. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just....Has anybody ever told you you've got a genuine smile?"

"A genuine smile?"

"Yeah." Miruko confirmed. "Genuine. It's hard to describe it to you if you've never seen one but sometimes you look at somebody up close when they're smiling and you just feel so..so....good. Like, you just feel as if nothing else mattered around you and you can be happy because of the person that you have right there beside you. Again it's hard to accurately describe it if you've never seen one but, I like yours. It's very...cozy, hmph. I know I know corny ass shit that I'm saying right now but, you know. I just like to see it."

"Oh. Uh, thank you. N-Nobody's ever said that to me before but that's because I've never been in a relationship before, you're my first."

"Oh yeah? Well I don't mean to toot my own horn here but as a first time I think you lucked out pretty damn well if I'm being honest. I mean come on, not only am I gonna be your best girlfriend ever but I am also the best damn teacher you have and ever will have let's be real here. Midnight All Might Eraserhead and them? Pffft, blow me. I've got more in store than any of those old heads will ever have."