First Date

"Camila," I heard my dad call from the bottom of the steps, "Lauren is here to pick you up."
I gave myself one last glance in the mirror. After hours of stressing about what to wear, I had finally decided on light wash jeans, a crop top, and a pair of converse. "Great job, Camila," I mumbled to myself "great way to impress her. wear what you wear on a daily basis. go you."
I turned out of my room and bounded down the steps, tripping on the last step and stumbling to the floor.
A hand reached out to pull me up, and I graciously accepted, but blushed when I realized the hand was Lauren's and she had just witnessed that whole fiasco. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks as I turned Crimson, my embarrassment apparent.
"S-sorry," I mumbled looking down at my feet nervously. She simply pulled me into her side and giggled to herself.
"Mr. Cabello, I promise I will keep your daughter safe and I will have her back by 10:00," Lauren addressed my father.
"I trust that my daughter is in good hands. Have fun, mija." he said before turning and walking back into the kitchen.
"Ready to go, princess?" Lauren asked me, causing me to blush harder but nod.
She led me out the door and to the truck she had driven here.
She opened the passenger door for me and helped me into the truck, aware of how clumsy I was.
She made sure I was safely in the cab before shutting the door and getting into the vehicle herself. I grabbed her hand and interlaced our fingers before smiling at her.
"Where to, babe?" I asked, curious of where she was taking me for the night.
"It's a surprise," she smirked at me, starting the truck and pulling out of the driveway, steering with one arm, her other still grasping mine.
We made conversation through the drive. Talking to her came so easily to me, as if we were made for each other. My inevitable awkwardness was somehow avoided for the most part with her; when my awkwardness was not avoided, however, she didn't mind at all. In fact, she seemed to find it charming somehow.
Before I knew it, we had reached a drive in movie theater. I gasped and clapped my hands excitedly like a child. I kissed Lauren's cheek and smiled. We paid at the gate and pulled in front of the screen we would be watching, which was showing 'Finding Nemo'.
"This is one of my favorite movies!" I squealed excitedly.
"I think we need to get a little more comfortable, don't you?" Lauren asked, hopping out of the truck and walking over to open my door, taking my hand and leading me to the bed of the truck. She removed the cover, revealing pillows and blankets set up comfortably.
"Oh my god, Lauren!" I koala hugged her, wrapping my legs around her waist.
She giggled and supported my weight for a moment before I jumped down, hoisting myself into the bed of the truck. I extended my hand, hoisting her up as well. We ended up laying under the blankets, despite the Miami Heat in he daytime, the cool night time weather was worthy of a blanket. I was cuddled up to her side, my head on her chest while we both enjoyed the Disney movie. Her hands alternated between playing with my hair and running along my back.
As we were nearing the end of the movie, I started to drift off to sleep. I gave up on any attempts to stay awake and just fell asleep.
I felt light kisses being placed along my forehead, waking me out of my sleep.
"Despiertate, princesa," she whispered before kissing my cheek, " movie's over."
I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What day is it?" I groaned, crawling out of the bed of the truck and leaning against the side of it. I watched groggily as Lauren placed the cover back on the bed and made her way to me. "You're cute," she whispered and kissed my temple. She opened the passenger side and lifted me into the truck. "Alright, love. Let's get the sleepy girl home."
she buckled me in and got into the truck in the other side.
I fell asleep on the ride home, failing to fight it off. I felt Lauren unbuckling me and carrying me bridal style into my house.
"Is she okay?" I heard my dad say.
"Yeah," the raspy voice answered, "Just sleepy."
She giggled, god that's the most amazing sound.
"Would you mind if I took her to bed? I just want to say goodnight," she requested warily.
"Of course," my father, surprisingly, agreed.
Lauren carried me up the steps and into my bedroom, which she had been in a few times before. She placed me in bed before covering me with a blanket. "Thank you for tonight," I mumbled, " I had fun."
"I'm glad you had a good time, love. I did too. But you're tired. Go to sleep," she smiled, brushing the hair out of my face and kissing my forehead. "Goodnight, princesa," she said before walking out and closing my door.
A huge smile spread across my face before I fell asleep for the final time that night.