Management

"Why can't we tell people?" Camila whimpered, tears filling her eyes, hand clasped with Lauren's. The two were currently in Simon's office upon being called there for a conference. Apparently they were being "too obvious," which, frankly, Lauren thought was, with lack of better terminology, complete bullshit.
"We don't need all the attention on you two as a couple. It would be dangerous for the record label and all of you girls," Simon replied in a voice that displayed sympathy but also great authority.
"You two cannot interact on anything other than a friend level. No more holding hands. No more staring. No more longing gazes. No more flirty comments, tweets, or Instagram posts."
"Why the fuck do you get to tell us who we can and can't tell," Lauren fumed, raising her voice; the woman never really had much control over her temper.
"Language, Miss Jauregui," Simon chastised.
"And to answer your question, I have control over the publicity of your relationship because I am your boss," Simon followed.
"So we basically have to pretend like we don't even know each other?" Camila sobbed, burying her head in the neck of the woman sitting adjacent to her.
"I'm afraid so. I trust you two will follow my orders. I will see you in the studio on Monday."
and with that, Simon escorted the young Latinas out of his office and closed the door.
"Camz, I'm so sorry," Lauren whispered, holding onto the younger brunette as she cried.
"It's okay, it isn't your fault," Camila sobbed, tears soaking through Lauren's shirt. Lauren, however, paid no mind to it, as her only concern was the well being of her girlfriend.
"No matter what happens," Lauren whispered, "I will always love you."
Camila nodded and wiped her tears, grabbing Lauren's hand as they made their way out of the building. Seeing the paparazzi at the door, Simon's instructions replayed in their mind, causing them to drop hands and walk in different directions.
_________________
Days became weeks.
Weeks became months.
Months became years.
There wasn't much interaction between the two women who had fallen in love; not publicly anyway. The public interactions were far and few in between.
The public relation might have died, but their love is still alive. No matter how far they bury it, it never fails to surface, creating a glimmer of hope that one day, Camren can be Camren again.