Chapter 4

It's been two days since I decided to snoop around in Jay's office. To say that I'm not terrified of the man would be a lie. I cannot even bring myself to sleep peacefully at night or else I'll wake up trembling in fear from the horrible nightmares.

Jay seems to have caught on to something and has barely left the house which does not help one bit in relieving the fear in me. This has sabotaged my plans to go back in there. I have to confirm and read through every single article on that folder before I can make plans for my next step.

I'm really hoping that Jay goes out soon coz I honestly don't think I can hide the slight tremble every time he approaches me and I don't know what to think of him. I might have possibly misread the article,but a voice at the back of my head keeps telling me the truth is right in front of my eyes.

I'm about to ask Jay to take me on a walk just because I know he'd be pissed about it and probably walk out to 'cool down' and I'd have some time to go through the information as confirmation when he gets a strange phone call. His eyes quickly dart to me before they turn to the phone and he hastily walks out and answers it.

Maybe it's the fact that I've been on edge lately but now I notice all the suspicious behaviours that had slid past me over the course of our relationship.

I'm conflicted about following closely behind when I remember the monitors I'd see in the basement hinting at hidden cameras in the house that would be a giveaway of my suspicion about him. With that thought in mind I sit still and wait for him as I slowly sip my now cold tea.

Luckily,as soon as Jay walks in he announces that he had an emergency and would probably be gone for most part of the day and would be home late. I couldn't be any happier. I even forgot to ask what type of emergency he had.

Once he's gone I rush to the basement making sure to check the monitors just in case he decided to come back. Just my lack Jay had only placed cameras on specific parts of the house and on the side leading to his office,our bedroom and the hallway branching to the two guest rooms there were none and he could easily pass this off as me having gone to take a nap.

I scroll through the folder careful not to miss a single detail. On the first article is a very good looking man probably in his thirties. At first glance all you can see is his attractive features and cold attitude but upon closer look you can see the loneliness and sadness in his eyes.

I start the story one more time careful not to miss a thing.
At first all I can see are business talks and how his company has been successful and a lot of other stuff I cannot comprehend. Then scanning lower through it comes the paragraph ;

Billionaire Lucas Black's wife declared missing after she and her friends had an accident and their car rolled down the mountain as they were heading for a hike on the mountains. The three girls have been found badly injured and rushed to the hospital but there was no sighting of Lucas'wife,Amanda.
According to reports received search parties have been sent out to search for the 24 year old model who seem to have vanished without a trace.

I couldn't read through it all. That accident it sounded exactly like the dream I had. Then my eyes dart down,to the picture. The lady in the photo looked just like me. I can't remember taking this photo. Jay never lets me take any photo. I dart at the date on the ripped magazine page and my eyes widen in shock. That was three years ago right when I had the alleged tumor.

Can it be?

Still not convinced I rummage through all the others in there and all I see are reports stating the futile search for the missing victim and more photos attached. I'm now more convinced that this is infact me .

As I'm about to close the folder one article hidden behind all the rest catches my eyes and I pull it out. It's Jay. And he's in a suit, something I've never seen on him before. Just above his picture there's a headline that has my mind spinning:

'James Sterling Retires?' Underneath it read;The renown Sterling Oil Company CEO and owner has suddenly disappeared from the business world as reports say he'll be taking a well deserved rest,whether it is an early retirement is yet to be confirmed.

My head is pounding heavily with an impending headache. I'm married to my kidnapper. What's worse is nobody dares make the connection between my disappearance to him as he's allegedly on retirement.

What the actual f*ck.