Chapter 17

Few weeks have gone by since the confrontation with my sister and our relationship has been nothing but rocky. She has barely said a word to me  the few times we happened to cross path and I don't really mind the space. Other than the dirty looks she throws here and there, there has been no misbehaviour on her part.

Luke and I have worked so much on our relationship during this time. He is still a bit hesitant to get intimate with me saying he is giving me time to be sure first. Honestly I can't help the voice at the back of my head telling me he can't stand to be with me after what happened. Today however I plan to change that with the sets of lingerie I got at the mall a while back. Our relationship is perfect now but the lack of intimacy is getting in the way of us going back to how we were before.

I quickly prepare the dinner as one of the staff helps me set up the dinner area. I'm done in about an hour before Luke gets off from work and head to get ready for tonight. I take a long bath making sure to scrub everywhere and shave carefully. I walk out the bathroom to my room thirty minutes later feeling as fresh as I probably look. I do a very natural make-up look,slip on the dress I chose pairing with some stiletto heels. I start to walk down just as I hear Luke's car pull into the driveway.

It doesn't take him long to come in looking tired but his eyes immediately light up as he sees me.
"What's this?Why are you all dressed up? You look really good. What's the occasion?" He asks with a light chuckle.
"Well it's for you. You like?" I ask him as I go up to greet him and help him with his bag.
"Yeah. I could get used to this. "
"To what?"
"You being here to welcome me home from work. It feels really nice. "
"Actually I made plans for us. Go freshen up and meet me here I prepared dinner. " Surprise is clearly etched on his face clearly not expecting this. He leans into me and kisses me like his life depends on it.
"I'm really glad you're back to me. I was so lost without you. Promise me you'll be here no matter what." He asks vulnerability in his eyes which breaks my heart to think how much this man suffered while I was away.

"I'm not going anywhere....I promise" With that he heads to freshen up and twenty minutes later he joins me and we sit down for a candle lit dinner I prepared.

We sit down and eat as we make light conversations and for a minute it feels like we went back in time to when it all started. Every once in a while he would  sneak in a compliment and I would grin like a lovestruck teenager. Soon dinner was over and the staff cleared everything as Luke asks me to dance with him as his favourite song plays in the background.

"Did I mention how beautiful you are?" He asks for the umpteenth time tonight.

"Like a million times" I say as I chuckle lowly.
"Well it's because you are really a work of art."
"Can you stop that's really cheesy," I say as I lean more into him. He lightly kisses my forehead.
"I love you so much Mandy,you have no idea how much I do. I would lay my life for you."
Hearing such words anyone would melt but I just stare into his eyes hoping he can see my feelings for him in my eyes.

As if he can't hold back,his lips crush into me pouring his all into it. It is urgent,filled with an intensity only I can understand. I kiss him back with as much intensity making sure to let him know just how strongly I feel for him and how much I missed him.

He soon moves from my lips momentarily as he trails kisses down my neck and part of my collarbone before crushing them back to mine roughly. As the kiss gets more intense I'm swept off my feet and I wrap my legs around his waist and he whispers huskily in my ear,
"How about we take this to the bedroom?"
That is exactly what I was expecting but I thought I will have to use the lingerie. Oh well a win is a win I guess so I only answer what comes to mind
"I don't see anything stopping us."
He smirks into the kiss and walks towards the stairs without breaking the kiss. In no time I see our room and I can feel myself get wet in excitement for what is to come.