Chapter 7

Doctor Arthur glanced at me and I knew he'd caught on. He'd come rushing here and by the time it was 6 he'd arrived. Seeing my distressed face he asked Jay to wait outside while he tried to find out what the problem was.
I'd always thought he was kind of strange but now that I take a keen look at him,he knew who I was and it's like he was waiting for this chance for a long time now. So once Jay was out of the room I asked the question that had been on my mind this entire time.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"So my guess was right. You've finally remembered. " he says and if I didn't imagine it I could hear relief in his voice as he said that. It was also accompanied by something else that made me a bit scared, panic. That's when it dawns on me.

"He has something on you doesn't he?" I question in a low voice.
"No. But he did something for me that I had to repay him back for. " he answers lowly and I can tell that he regrets whatever it is he asked from Jay.

"Then why do you want to help me if you're indebted to him?"I shake lightly as I dread his answer. I could be setting myself up here trusting this man. His gaze softens as he says

"I have a daughter and everyday after you disappeared,they've aired it on tv and she cries everytime. She asked me on the day you were first reported missing what I'd do if that was her in your shoes,if she'd disappeared without a trace.

I found myself shedding tears because truth be told I'd be devastated. That's why I didn't think twice when Jay asked me to come take care of you while you're in your condition. I figured I'd protect you the way I'd want someone to look after my own child but I think I overdid it and you were overwhelmed. "he finishes off with a slight laugh which I join in both of us with tears in our eyes.

He then slides a small white bag my way from his supply bag and asks me to hide it and look through when it safe when I try to reach out and open it.
I do so and hurry back to bed when I hear Jay's footsteps in the hallway I go back to laying position and doctor Arthur starts scribbling something on a book and hands me a few pill bottles just as Jay enters the room.

"Make sure to take your medication, Debbie while I do more tests to determine what's causing you all this pain. " he says with a straight face and turns to Jay who looks at me worriedly.
"Arthur ,what's wrong with her is she going to be okay?"

"There's nothing to be afraid of James I think she's been thinking too much. Please make sure she takes all her meds,they'll help deal with her stress. "
"Ofcourse. Thank you so much for rushing here on such quick notice. "
"It's no problem at all. "
"Let me walk you out. "

Jay offers and the doctor turns to me and nods one last time before going out.

I can't help the slight panic I have when I see them walk out together. They've been friends for a while now after all what of he tell Jay that I've recovered my memory. I'd lose every chance I had of going back to my loved one.

I however will myself to calm down and trust my instinct about the good intent of Dr Arthur. I can't help but smile now. There really is hope. However small,there's a dim light at the end of the tunnel and that is something.

Soon I'll get out of this hell that I've been made to think is a fairytale for years. A lone tear slides down the corner of my eye and I turn towards the window and stare into the distance.
My freedom is so close yet so far away. I need to be strong of I'm to go through with my plans.

Please wait for me my love. I'll be home soon. I promise.