Chapter 2 Hazey Visions

.

.

.

.

For the rest of the year the school seemed to be playing some trick on Percy and myself. Everyone acted as if Ms Kerr – a perky blonde woman whom I’d never heard of until she got on our bus at the end of the field trip – had been our maths teacher since Christmas.

Percy kept trying to get people to admit Mrs Dodds actually exsisted. I however just decided to play along with everyone, but I knew Mrs Dodds actually did exsist.

Percy had told me this story of her turning into a bat lady and trying to get him to tell her where something was. Mr Brunner had arrived and gave person a pen that turned into a sword.

"Percy if it wasn't for my gut I would say you're crazy." I told him.

"Well at least you believe me." Percy told me and I could tell he was relieved.

"Truth is important and my gut seems to like it." I respond.

"You sure it's not the spicy food?" He ask and I roll my eyes.

While I believed Percy, Grover was another matter. He always claimed she didn't exsist. He was a terrible liar, when I blind person says that, you know its true.

Weird things weren't happening just to Percy. I started to have hazey dreams. They always included the sky and sea, which seemed mad at each other. Honestly I think it's just a warning of the freak weather continuing.

Once a thunderstorm blew out the window of Percy's dorm room window. A few days later a giant tornado was spotted in Hudson Valley, only fifty miles away from Yancy.

Weather tended to be cloudy, which I didn't really like. I prefered clear skys where the sun could beam down on me. Whether it was a cold winter day or hot summer day as long as the sun touched me I was generally fine.

The weather however seemed to affect Percy the worst. He was cranky and irritable most of the time. Getting into more fights with Nancy and her friends, which I tended to break up. Mainly by whacking people on the head with my cane. I also found out that Percy's grades were slipping from D's to F's.

Eventually the school seemed to get tired of Percy and he told me they sent his mom a letter he wouldn't be invited back next year.

It was sad since I had actually liked Percy. Luckily or unluckily exams were coming up which provided a nice distraction.

That's why I was studying Latin right now. It was the evening before the exam. The reason why I was studying was because Mr Brunner made it seem like a life and death importance.  

Though I still had ADHD and let me tell you reading brail was suprisingly easy. Well decoding the dots into the letters was easy, forming the words was another matter.

They always got jumbled up and mixed with each other as I tried to put them in the right order, and that always lead me to feel the word again... it gets annoying fast.

Sighing I stand up and grab my book. I need to talk to Mr Brunner about this. He had given both Percy and I the same line. I will only expect the best from you two.

I wanted to make him proud, to prove that all his effort wasn't in vain, but reading has just never been easy for me. Maybe he'll have an audiobook I can listen too.

Walking down to Mr Brunner office I thought I heard hooves clopping against the floor. But that can't be right.

"Mr Brunner?" I call out.

"Y/n?" I hear Mr Brunner voice. "Why  are you down here?"

The weird thing is his voice came from a higher position than it usually did. I didn't question it though, I assumed it was because I was just tired.