Chapter 13 (29) Suprise on Miami Beach

.

.

.

.

Tyson.

Have I ever told you how much I love Tyson. Because honestly he's amazing.

Not only does he love my baking, but he also is an amazing swimmer, so good where he can carry me as he swam. Which was the only way I was getting back to shore since the hippocampi weren't going to go close to it.

I hope my lunchbox is water proof, I don't want the cookies to be ruined.

Luckily in no time we were on solid ground, guess the pushing waves speed the process up. As thanks I gave Tyson a few cookies, which I was thankful my lunchbox was water proof.

We wandered through the streets of Miami, I think, we wandered along the cruise line docks, pushing through crowds of people arriving for vacations.

I heard distant yells of Taxi drivers, spanish was a neat language. Wonder why no one stopped us, we were seven dripping we kids. Well I guess I'm not really one to ask as to why people dont use their eyes.

Annabeth ran to... somewhere and she cursed. "June eighteenth! We’ve been away from camp ten days!"

"That’s impossible!" Clarisse said.

"Thalia’s tree must be almost dead," Grover wailed. "We have to get the Fleece back tonight!"

Clarisse slumped down on the pavement. "How are we supposed to do that?" Her voice trembled. "We’re hundreds of miles away. No money. No ride. This is just like the Oracle said. It’s your fault, Jackson! If you hadn’t interfered –"

"Percy’s fault?!" Annabeth exploded. "Clarisse, how can you say that? You are the biggest –"

"Stop it!" I said ready to hit them both with my cane, I don't like arguing.

Clarisse put her head in her hands. Annabeth stomped her foot in frustration.

"Clarisse," Percy said, "what did the Oracle tell you exactly?"

I thought she was going to tell him off, but instead she took a deep breath and recited her prophecy:

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,
You shall find what you seek and make it your own,
But despair for your life entombed within stone,
And fail without friends, to fly home alone.’ 

"Ouch," Grover mumbled.

"No," Percy said. "No … wait a minute. I’ve got it."

"Does anybody have any cash?" Percy asked.

I didn't know about the others but I reached into my backpack and feeled around. Clothes, drachma, keychain, rattling bottle, and... no money.

"Cash?" Tyson asked hesitantly. "Like … green paper?"

I nodded, "Yeah, has face of a president on it and numbers in four corners."

"Like the kind in duffel bags?"

Percy started, "Yeah, but we lost those bags days a-g-g –"

He stuttered to a halt as Tyson rummaged in something, sounded kinda like a bag.

"Tyson!" Percy said. "How did you -"

"Thought it was a feed bag for Rainbow," he said. "Found it floating in sea, but only paper inside. Sorry."

The cyclops had money. Well makes enough sense to me.

Percy ran to the kerb and grabbed a taxi that was just letting out a family of cruise passengers. "Clarisse," he yelled. "Come on. You’re going to the airport. Annabeth, give her the Fleece."