Chapter 7 Nymph Friend

.

.

.

.

"Y/n how long have you been up?" Gracie ask me as she yawns and I hear her bones popping.

"I don't know, woke up after a bad dream." I tell her.

"What was it?" She ask and I hear her getting out of her bed.

"I heard snakes and a woman telling me to look in her eyes." I tell her remembering the dream, or nightmare she was kinda scary despite how her voice sounded, mainly because the snakes.

"Ew snakes." Gracie says with disgust clear in her voice. "Wait look into her eyes, snakes.... Medusa?"

"I don't know, it was just voices and sounds." I tell her bringing my knees to my chest as I rest my back against my headboard.

"So you heard more than her voice?" She asked sounding closer to my bed and I nod.

"Think I heard Grover's voice saying... Aunty Em's Garden something." I tell her. "It was distant so I'm not sure."

Gracie was silent for a moment before sighing. "Don't worry about it Honey Eyes, we can't do anything about it anyways."

I nod knowing she had a point. "That's Clarisse's nickname for me."

"Oh is she the only one who can call you that?" Gracie ask with a teasing tone in her voice.

"N-No." I stutter out. "Just don't think she'd like someone stealing her nickname for me is all..."

Gracie laughs at that. "Come on bro, let's get breakfast, and possibly you coffee."

"Enough sugar to down an elephant!" I exclaim.

Gracie was quick to respond. "On second thought."

.

.

.

"No Cole I'm not sure how he feels." I hear Silena say a little ways away from me.

Kanoeing lessons were going on and I was with the Aphrodite kids. The only way I go on the water is if I'm with Percy. Theoratically Poseidon wont sink his own son... hopefully.

"Y/n whats your opinion on it?" Cole ask me, he was a son of Aphrodite.

"I'm tied between purple and pink." I tell him hopefully answering his question. I haven't been listening to them, only humming with my legs in the lake.

"Pink, but not what we were talking about." Selena said. "What do you think about my chances with Charles."

I shrug. "Looks possible to me."

"Maybe Y/n can predict if it works, he's a son of Apollo." Cole suggest.

"I don't think prophecy is on demand." Drew tells him.

"It's not." I say backing up Drew. "Drew can you paint my nails a honey color?"

"Later sure." Drew said and I smiled.

The Aphrodite kids started to talk amongst themselves and I went back to being in my own little world. Well I was actually trying to remember a tune my mother hummed, it was called Secret Garden. I gently swung my feet back and forth in the water, having my pants pulled up halfway. My cane was rested near my right hand.

"Why do you have a stick?" A female voice ask from the water infront of me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"This stick thing beside you, what's it for, a weapon?" The voice ask sounding a little demanding.