Chapter 14 Graceful Find

.

.

.

.

Percy, Annabeth and Grover went off to go to the underworld to retrieve the master bolt. Iona and I wished them luck, so lets hope Tyche blesses them.

We told them that'd we would head to Olympus and hopefully stall for time. That resulted in our current predicament, how do we get back to New York in a day.

"So do you have any idea?" I asked Iona as I dusted sand off my pants.

"No." She responded standing beside me. "We could try flying."

"I stay on the ground thank you." I tell her.

"Y/n we only have hours to get to Olympus, a car wont make it in time." She said matter of factly.

"What about Vix?" I asked trying to find a way out. "Would she even be allowed on a plane?"

Iona didn't respond. I mean I guess we could try passing off Vix as my seeing eye animal, but I'm not sure if foxes could be given that role. Maybe the mist would mask that fact. I don't know.

"Come on, we'll figure something out." Iona said pulling me in a direction away from the sea.

I wasn't unhappy about pulled away. Farther I am away from bodies of water, the farther I am from drowning.

.

.

.

We wandered for miles on foot, not sure what Iona was looking for. We had about thirty dollars, not enough for a plane ticket. I was just blindly following Iona as I held onto her arm.

Well that was until we were infront of an appliance store window because a television was playing an interview with somebody who sounded very familiar – Percy's stepdad, Smelly Gabe. He was talking to some woman. She was interviewing him, he was probably in the middle of a poker game.

With a voice that practically screamed bad acting, "Honest, Ms Walters, if it wasn’t for Sugar here, my grief counsellor. I’d be a wreck. My stepson took everything I cared about. My wife… my Camaro… I – I’m sorry. I have trouble talking about it. Especially with that other kid still missing."

"There you have it, America." The interviewer said. "A man torn apart. An adolescent boy with serious issues. Let me show you, again, the last known photo of this troubled young fugitive, taken a week ago in Denver."

From what Iona told me the screen cut to a grainy shot of Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Iona and I standing outside the Colorado diner, talking to Ares.

"Who are the other children in this photo?" The woman asked dramatically. "Who is the man with them? Is he the one who murdered Blaire Vargas? Is Percy Jackson a delinquent, a terrorist, or perhaps the brainwashed victim of a frightening new cult? When we come back, we chat with a leading child psychologist. Luckily Y/n Vargas is seen alive, seemingly terrified. Be on the lookout for this blind boy. If you have any information about him contact your local authorities."

Iona told me that a picture of me popped up onto the tv. So people were looking for me? I mean they think mama was murdered and appearently Ares kidnapped Percy and I, so I guess it makes sense we would be looked for. Especially with Percy seemingly blowing up the Saint Louis Arch.

"Ares isn't the nicest, it only makes sense I would be intimidated." I said trying to defend myself.

"Don't feel bad Y/n, you did good." Iona reassured me. "Come on, we should go before someone recognises you."