Chapter 2 (18) Another Poseidon Claimed

.

.

.

.

Persephone was really nice, like her mother but not as overbearing. Don't tell Demeter but I think I prefer her daughter.

Demeter does however know alot of recepies. Which means I get to bake new things, and I enjoy that.

"Y/n have you packed yet?" Persephone asked me and I turned in the direction fo her voice.

"Pack for what?" I asked confused. What was I suppose to be packing for? Are we going on a trip or something?

"You, Gracie and Iona are returning to Camp Half-Blood today." Persephone reminds me.

"Oh... thats not what I was forgetting." I told her and put a finger on my chin. "It had to do with numbers."

"Numbers?" Persephone said. "Like a phone number written down on a piece of paper?"

"Oh yeah it was... uh...  the number for Beryl Grace the woman who helped me last year." I said remembering what I had been forgetting for the past few months.

"I take it you want to call her?" Persephone said and I nodded.

"Yeah, tell her I got home and am okay." I said.

"Fine," Persephone said. "Do you have a phone?"

"Yeah." I nodded as I reached in my pocket and pulled my phone out. "Could you input the number, please?"

"Sure." Persephone said and I felt my phone leave my hand.

Yeah I know electronics just amplify a demigod's scent. Counter arguement I don't care.

"Here it's ringing." Persephone said putting the phone back in my hand and I put it up to my ear.

I may have gotten distracted by the ringing noise and mimicking it. It was only when I heard the voice on the other side say something, "Hello, who is this?"

"It's Y/n Vargas," I responded. "Is this Beryl Grace?"

"Yeah, you're that blind boy I helped in June last year, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, sorry I am just calling you now, I sort of forgot." I told her sheepishly.

"Well better late than never, so are you doing good?" She asked.

"Yeah, the brother of my grandfather bought  the bakery so I didn't have to leave." I said. "I'm still not entirely sure of him, but I am greatful for that one thing. Couldn't imagine not being able to stay here."

"Bakery?" She asked confused.

"Oh guess I never mentioned it, Mom owned a bakery here in New York. Our home is on the story above it, I've been helping her for aslong as I could remember." I said smiling at the memories coming to my mind. "It's a little difficult without her here, but I've had help from my distant family."

"Hey, uh, what is the name of the bakery?" She asked

"Dawning Bakes." I replied automatically. "Why do you ask?"

"Well I actually moved to New York a month ago so I was thinking to stop by." She said.

"That'd be great!" I said excited. "Just be here by 5 am, I have to leave to Camp Half-Bl-" I quickly cover my mouth stopping myself from speaking.

"Wait. Were you about to say Camp Half-Blood?" She said after a moment of silence.

"...yes." I admited, why can't I lie?