Chapter 13 Waiting on a Beach

.

.

.

.

Y/n could be seen sitting on a bed wearing a button up white shirt, that took nearly an hour for him to button up, though the shirt still wasn't buttoned up correctly. He also wore a pair of dark blue sweat pants on.

"Well now we just need to get back to Camp, or Olympus." Iona said crossing her arms.

"Do we have to go to Olympus?" Y/n ask nervously.

"We might, depends if Mr D isn't lazy." Iona shrugged. "Are you still wanting to keep the fox?"

"Her name is Vix and yes." Y/n said pouting. "Also I was told Olympus has no rails."

"Why are rails important?" Iona asked confused.

"I don't want to walk off the edge." Y/n quietly said looking down.

Iona did her best to stifle her laugh but she couldn't and fell back on the bed laughing. Y/n pouted as he hugged Vix. "You're mean."

"I'm sorry." Iona breathed. "It's just, the imagine of you blindly walking off the edge is hilarious."

"I'm glad you would find my imminent death funny." Y/n said with a huff as he got up. "Let's go Vix."

Y/n walked out of the room with Vix walkign beside him. Iona quickly scrambled up trying to wipe a smile off her face.

"Hey don't leave me in this damn hotel!" Iona shouted after Y/n. "And your shirt still isn't buttoned right!"

.

.

.

Then we burst through the doors of the Lotus Casino and ran down the sidewalk. It felt like afternoon, about the same time of day we'd gone into the casino, but something was wrong. The weather had completely changed. It was stormy, with heat lightning flashing out in the desert.

Ares's backpack was slung over my shoulder, which was odd, because I was sure I had thrown it in the trash can in room 4001, but at the moment I had other problems to worry about.

I ran to the nearest newspaper stand and read the year first. Thank the gods, it was the same year it had been when we went in. Then I noticed the date: June twentieth.

We had been in the Lotus Casino for five days.

We had only one day left until the summer solstice. One day to complete our quest.

The next thing we noticed was that Iona and Y/n were standing beside each other. The eye catching thing was the large dog sitting beside Y/n.

"When did Y/n get a dog?" I asked staring at the creature.

"That's a fox." Grover corrected staring at it with a confused expression.

"Weren't they trying to find the teumessian fox?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah." I said remembering the quest Y/n said they got from Artemis. "Does that mean that they found the fox?"

They both just shrugged. Walking up to the two we hear Iona seemingly talking about us. "How should I know where they are? Probably will meet them Olympus, gotta return the bolt after all. They'd be doing a horrible job if they were still in the city."

That didn't make me want to speak up. Unfortunately that was the same moment she turned her head and spotted us.

"Huh, they are doing a terrible job." Iona said staring at me.