Chapter 6 " at the Clinic "

"Hi Miss Jaime, how are you today?" Doctor Beatriz greeted with a smile.

"It's a first day of checkup; I don't want you to get overwhelmed. Everything will be fine. Relax and breathe. We're all fine," she said, making Jaime relax and let her lean back in the clinic bed.

"Yes, Doctor Beatriz, thank you, and we understand the process." Jaime tried to smile and looked, taking Tara's hand to comfort her.

"I'll give you two a moment to talk; excuse me for a moment," she said, leaving, closing the door.

"I discussed a few things with the doctor over the phone earlier, and I asked her to give us a few minutes to talk, and she agreed on it." Jaime almost whispered, noticing she was nervous and holding her hand.

"Hey... everything will be fine. You're healthy and strong. I'm pretty sure you'll be a very good mother," she added, boosting her moral support.

"Not that I am worried...Tara," Jaime said, looking at her.

"Then what is it?" Tara dragged the clinic chair closer in confusion.

"I'm carrying a Ferguson baby..." Jaime giggles.

"She'll be a celebrity," she added, smiling.

"Ah! Your teasing me!" Tara laughed.

"No, I'm not; it's true." Jaime smiled in amusement at her.

"Always are you ready, baby?" Tara redirects her attention.

"Yes." Jaime looked up at the ceiling, taking deep breaths.

"You still have your underwear?"

"Yes...too uncomfortable to remove when Doctor Beatriz is around," she said nervously.

"Take this hospital gown, then I'll remove it for you; she'll be back again after a few minutes," Tara offered.

"Okay..." she almost whispered.

"Slowly," Tara said, holding her blue-colored hospital gown.

"Now your teasing me," Jaime giggles.

"Spread your legs a bit, please,she demanded, playing it cool.

"Since when you became an expert?" Jaime teases her.

"Uh, trust me, love, I knew few things." Tara lipped her lower lips, teasing Jaime.

"You want me to lick you?" Tara winked at her.
but Jaime tapped her shoulders to stop.

"Okay, I'll stop. Can I roll up your gown higher?" asked her permission, Tara being sensible in the situation.

"Yes, but not too much. I felt so exposed by not having undies," Jaime said.

"I'll remove it, okay." Jaime started to feel uncomfortable.

"Hey, don't worry, there's no camera in here. It's private," assuring her.

"Yes, but it's an unfamiliar place for me," Jaime insisted.

"This is better?" Tara is trying her best.

"yes..."

"Blocking myself between legs," Tara paid close attention.

"Now your between my legs literally, while I spread my legs here, ugh," she smiled awkwardly.

"What I am doing with my life, Tara," obviously shaking her voice.

"Miss Jaime Collins-Ferguson is just unfolding the next chapter of your life, so feel safe now?" Tara asked.

"Just a second, I'll adjust to make myself comfortable," Jaime asked for more minutes.

"Here...more closer, more warmth, and your shaking," she noticed.

"Yes, I am so nervous, Tara."

"It's normal to place your hands on my neck to make it warm and feel comfortable, okay? Oh! Wait—did you bring your spells and potions with you?" Tara said.

"Yeah, I get it; I get it from me and my herbs," Jaime admitted, rolling her eyes and smiling at the thoughts of it.

"Just imagine I'm on top of you making love with you if you wanted to; just close your eyes and breathe deeply. Don't freak out if you feel something; the doctor's doing their jobs okay. I'll be here by your side this whole process, just us here holding you. Don't worry," comforting Jaime.

"Thank you, Tara. The last part, that kind of helps..." wiping her eyes.

"I'm here for the emotional support. I'm all in okay. Don't worry." She kissed her forehead down, pressing her lips.

"Your lucky, I'm tall; it's easy for me to lean on this clinic bed with those legs wide open," she teases Jaime again to lessen the nervousness Jaime felt.

"The doctor says she'll be back in ten."

"I lock the door so we could take time as we need. The very least I can do for the moment is relax and take a deep breath. I'm right here."

"Uh, do I look weird and awful?" Jaime said in frustration.

"Shhhh...you looked sexy as hell," Tara said.

"Will I bleed on this? I didn't bring any pads or something for this. I can't focus on this right now. Every detail we've discussed is gone, Tara."

"You'll be fine, princess; it's just a checkup," Tara said.

"Not a princess, well, I know you tried to divert my mind and being here as being my cheerleader," Jaime enabling the situation.

"Okay, not a princess, but a witch, and you like it?" Tara giggles.

"Yes, and please don't make me turn on Tara; I'm freaking nervous here!"

"This won't hurt. Just close your eyes. Just listen to my voice. Okay, when she starts. I know you're nervous. I understand that I'm here for you. I'll look after you."

"Okay, your looking out for me," Jaime repeated.

"Yes, that's right, babe. Remember where a team is."

"I'll call the doctor when she's ready, lowering this gown covering you; okay, she'll tell what happens next; okay, you'll be fine," Tara reassuring her at her best as she could. She's aware of what the doctor says and the process she will get through trying to be present at the moment for her wife, Jaime.

Note :

Two chapters in a row!
I needed to rewrite a few xx.

Thank you for being patient with me and the book! xx