Chapter 13 " lipstick "

Jaime waking up early in the morning feels rushed to the bathroom, throwing up on the sink. Her pregnancy makes her have her morning sickness, which most women do. The first week for Jaime is almost hell in every waking life for her.

"Here have some water," Yansen showed up in the bathroom.

"Oh! Your so early...I'm so sorry I didn't notice you." Jaime washed her face, wiping her with a thick white towel.

"At four am, I arrived here; my hotel is nearby and there is no traffic. I wanted to check on you if you are okay; besides, this is not a big city; easy access in every place you're going to," she explains.

"That part, yes, it's not that big, but people here are just chill, I guess. Reasons why the incident was like a bomb explodes when it happens." Jaime stood straight and lost her thoughts for a moment, recalling what happened that day.

"What do you like for breakfast?" Yansen snapped her out. She held her shoulder before it started getting ugly.

"I ordered already and am waiting to arrive," Yansen paused. They both paused, looking outside, which caught their attention.

"And I think that's it. Let me check," Yansen left her.

Jaime left in the bathroom sink looking at her flat belly before, and now it starts forming a baby bump, noticing her body starts to gain weight, which is what she expected. Jaime wanted to be a mother, as she explains to Tara; her reaction was shocked, as she never thought of it nor asked Jaime for it.

* * *

"Here, enjoy the breakfast, dear Jaime, and please keep it down there for the baby and you," she said, her eyes going down and up to her face, referring to the baby.

"Thank you for being here for me," she said, having a small bite.

"No, it's fine; I guess you're lucky," Yansen said, drinking her coffee.

"Not just lucky but blessed," she added.

"Uhm? Yansen, I'm sorry, but can I ask something personal?" sounded hesitant, taking a glimpse at Tara on her hospital bed.

"Sure," she said with enthusiasm, placing her cup of coffee in front of her.

"I'm a little bit concerned; since you arrived here in town, I've noticed something is bothering you. It may sound so nosy of me, but your eyes tell a different. story." Jaime expresses while cutting the pancakes on her plate.

"Is there any problem that's why you took some vacation?" Jaime added.

"Uh, yes, it's personal; I can't tell you now, but yes, reasons why I am here," she held her neck and scratched lightly.

"I see, no worries. I'm here if you wanted to talk about it, just so you know we're cousins," Jaime sincerely said, continuing to eat her pancakes with loads of syrup on them.

"cravings?" Yansen changed the subject right away.

"I guess it's been two weeks since I kept ordering this and never tasted even more good each time I ate it!" she said, chewing mouthfuls of it.

"I see, the baby knows what she wants," Yansen smiles after sipping her coffee.

"Ten in the morning I need to get a doctor's appointment," Jaime said, looking on her phone.

"Ah, yes, don't worry, I'll cover you," Yansen says before she finishes her sentence.

"Thank you. The nurse will be here bringing a wheelchair," Jaime said, looking outside the big window glass in front of them.

* * *

"Hey Honey, I'm so happy for you. You'll have a baby soon. That precious cute thing I cannot give to you, Tara. Jaime's not here; she had a doctor's appointment. I guess I'm not a mother material, but she is. I'm too scared of commitments, not brave enough. Being with you is just trying to test, on how far I can go if I commit myself, but I get scared in the middle of it and leave with someone and leave you hanging. Now I regret seeing you that there's a woman whose willingly gave her all. And I am being too selfish,to self-centered. All I care is me, me, always being me. I never met you half way. That's a relationship works, right?" she said.

Yansen notices Tara's hand moved gently to the part where the small wire monitors connected. She covered her mouth silently, witnessing Yansen being heard. She gently held Tara's hand, holding her emotions, until she lean forward to her and kissed her deeply in her forehead.

"I know and I am so sorry for what happened. I'm here to see you, but I didn't expect this would happen and made me stick around for a quiet while. I can't leave you like this, Tara. I can't," she whispered.

"What are you doing?" Jaime asked.

"Uh..nothing, I was just looking at her closely. I thought I saw her hand moving. I...doubled check," Yansen stuttered.

"You see it too?" Jamie confronted.

"Yes, why?" Yansen is trying to compose herself in front of her.

"I already see it too; I just wanted to know I'm sorry if I scared you got overwhelmed by the thought she responds to what we were saying... and that to me she hears us," Jaime explained, placing her phone at the table.

"I understand Jaime... and I am sorry," Yansen replied, walking away from the bed.

"Don't be; I know you're looking after us," Jaime brushes the awkward moment between them two. Jaime notices the little lipstick smudge on Tara's forehead that raises her doubt on her cousin's intentions for that part she didn't know about.

Have a nice weekend!
almost chapter 15 already, as much as I wanted to upload all the chapters here, but I need time to check and proofread.
patience for errors xx