Chapter 32 " gift "

It has been a week since Tara, and I did not talk about it. We have been living in the same house, but we did not speak, only sense each other or make body gestures with a longing look. Ways of how we function as both parents, I started to ask if this is a normal life like we are living in..but is defined as normal these days.

I do not have any idea if this is normal and healthy, but subconsciously, we dive to what suits us best, right? If we really do, things would work out sticking to the idea between me and Tara's agreement.

It's been several days since I kept looking at the images of the location that my assistant sent me to have a location picture of the models. Searching by the Internet accidentally, there is a pop-up advertisement of the house that looks like a kind of magickal witchy vibe, as Tara always addresses me as a witch.

I am obsessed with the ancient woman with a black triangle hat shaped in her kitchen with a culdron; she thinks that is what I am—silly weird of her, to be honest.

I heard footsteps in the hallways, and I knew it's Tara walking outside. As policy continues, doors are not allowed to be closed; all are open except bathrooms, but out of nowhere I heard the flowing water of the shower. Did she purposely leave that? ugh...   feeling of frustration sinks on the Jaime side, knowingly teasing her on the idea of it. Tara leaves even the bathroom door open as she hears it from the second floor tempting for Jaime.

Jaime heard the baby cries; she snapped on her thoughts of it and needed to go downstairs and check up on the baby. Shes awake, and Jaime needs to do the mother stuff and duties, planning to bring her into the little studio on the third floor, where they also placed another little crib.

* * *

"Hello there, sweet Jaime. I wanted to take a look first," Tara said, placing the paper and her phone on the top kitchen counter while Jaime's was preparing dinner.

"What is it?" Jaime replied, paused herself, looking at Tara's knuckles, still visible, little swollen and bruised with them. The silence between them both held themselves not to discuss, as they both agreed to forget that it happened.

"Read first," Tara brushed, breaking the silence and diverting her attention. Sliding the paper and the image on Tara's phone of the house, Jaime always stared for a few days.

"Wait, is this a joke?" Jaime looked around.

"No, it's not take a closer look, Jaime." Tara did not move where she stood but rolled her long sleeves, containing her excitement for Jaime.

"Oh, my... did you... purchase the..." Jaime in awe lost words, covering her mouth in shock in the moment, double checking the paper, and there's a sign sealed on it.

"Well, uh.. surprised should I say?" Tara grinned and shrugged.

’ I was thinking that you might start working, and as the baby grows, you would not live here anymore in this house because of what circumstances I did, legality issues, and all those things. uhm.. I was also considering having one that one for you and the baby, again considering that as a child support and the house were named by you and the baby legally, you just sign it here. "Tara pointed the paper between them.

Observing Jaime dropped tears on the paper and did not move the muscle, just staring at it.

"Oh no?" Tara looks at this paper’s wondering.

"Is it misspelled or something or somethings wrong in it?" Tara asked Jaime to be sensible, looking at it, but only Jaime did. Schooled her head gently, holding herself sobbed in front of her.

"Wait, what...what are you crying for...?" She said in confusion.

"I know I sometimes feel insensitive and cold-hearted. Did I do something or say something? Please tell me, so I should be aware of it." Tara, confused, Jaime walked slowly closer, only to hug her.

"I never expected this," Jaime whispered.

* * *

"Oh god.. these places are so amazing." Jaime almost can't describe any word by holding the railings of the second floor of the balcony.

"The aesthetic inside, I loved it,she said, looking down at the garden and a pool near the dark forest, lost on words.

"I know, you will like it in here; it's close to the forest house and seemed to still have a witchy vibe in it." Tara stood there holding the baby, witnessing Jaime being excited and happy.

"See, the babies are excited too!" Jaime held the baby back.

’ I can help you move tomorrow if you want, and also, this is near the city, a fifteen-minute drive from your studio. And I assumed one of the reasons why you kept looking at it," Tara said with her cold demeanor, but this time she smiles slightly while looking at the baby in Jaime's lap, smiling.

"Uh? My phone...excuse me..." Jaime took and pressed quickly, walking away from them. She slowly returns to them to see how Tara is being amused by the baby, which is like the sunshine of her life.

"Hey baby, you like it here...?" Tara asked the baby to keep her feet kicking while looking at the pool.

"You seemed so excited. It's not a baby bath tub; it's a swimming pool. Are you a swimmer? Do you like that water?" Tara kept talking to the baby, and the baby responded so excited watching the water keep kicking both feet, and her hand kept waving, like when she was taking a bath, she always got excited.

"It's Walter," Jaime said.

"What about him?"

"He wants to see me and his in the house right now waiting," Jamie replied.

"Now?" Tara sounded like defeated, but she had no reason to complain about living with the boundaries and rules of Jaime. Sometimes, Tara found it exhausting, as she had invisible shackles on her neck, hands, and feet tied together.

"Yes," she said, gathering her things and placing them in her bag.

"Okay, I'll drive," Tara offered, handing over the baby.

Thank you for reaching this chapter and continuing the reading.

Have a nice weekend! xx