Chapter 27 "pass the test"

"Uhm," Jaime cleared her throat outside the door, looking at Tara on her laptop on the desk.

"Hey, babe, what is it? Come in." Tara welcomes her by shutting her laptop, facing Tara wearing cold and empty as her normal gestures that Jaime always used to.

"Can we talk?"" Jaime said.

"Sure, come sit in here," Tara said with innocence in her face, tapping the couch facing the huge window.

"Uh? It is my fault to hide that I will not deny my involvement," Jaime confessed, sitting next to Tara.

"I heard she won't sign the paper," she added, lowering her head.

"Yes," Tara replied, saying that her hands were hesitant to hold her.

"Do you still love her? Jamie grabbed her hand willingly.

"Honestly, no after what she did." Tara looked her in the eye, kissing her hands while they both held each other.

"She cheated on me multiple times; it took me long to discover the reasons why I leave the country and start a new life here with my cousins," Tara said, kissing her hands again.

"Why didn't you tell me... or are you going to tell me?" Jaime replied to this disappointment.

"I was about to tell, but I don't have courage; I don't know if I can handle the truth and how you will handle the truth about me being married to not just someone else's; it's your cousin, especially." Tara crossed arms on her chest.

"Okay, I understand she hid things from you. I don't blame you for that. Jaime enables her to take her hands, holding it again.

"What does she say about this?" Jaime said. Taking a glimpse outside, it started pouring rain in the afternoon.

"She won't sign the paper." Tara closes her eyes, putting those walls again acting to be strong.

"Then what would you do?" Jaime hugged her; she knows her, especially when she started hiding herself as a coping mechanism for her trauma.

"I have no idea about that; I am waiting for Olivine's lawyer," Tara said, still closing her eyes.

"Do you want us to be part of your life?" Jaime tries to take her walls down, and she knows Tara's weakness if she is doing that.

"Despite everything I did to you, and I am deeply sorry about that, I didn't even think I would be hit by a truck and miraculously survive. The other patient has also been critical; some had died, and some decided to pull the plug, and here I am alive, dealing with the mess that is worth fighting for. How does it sound like Jaime?" Tara whispers.

"It's too much, I know..." Jaime hugged her and tried to comfort her.

"Do you still love me?" Jaime asked to brush her fingers on Taras hair, which covered her eyes.

"What do you think, Jaime? Will I be this pissed, angry, frustrated, and most likely like a fool if I don't love you?" She answered that her eyes were bowing slightly to the bumping of Jaime's forehead.

"We didn't discuss a lot, Tara, about this dealing with our emotions and our situation," Jaime sighed in frustration.

' I asked for help to fix this, Jaime. I want to be with you and be part of the baby's life. If that sounds okay to you, Tara replies.

"I can't answer the last part," Jaime said, being confused about the situation.

"It gives me a little hope if this is worth fighting for; if not, I won't force myself on you and the baby's life; I won't be a villain here or a wicked witch in your life; well, you're always fascinated by witches," Tara pinched her that joke.