Chapter 29 "seat-belt"

"I still can't believe, even if I tried to forget my past, start my life again, building a family, loving someone, coming home for someone, having children together, but all she did was pop my life like that, waving those legal papers and slapping on everyone's faces, claiming I'm her wife, yet sleeping to anyone or whomever she likes," Tara said over the phone with Olivine, the long silence from the other line allowing the heaviness Tara's feeling to let it out, which Olivine completely understands.

"Tara..." Jaime, behind gaining her attention.

"Oliv...I will go to call you soon..thanks bye." hanging up the phone instantly by placing it at the side corner of the table.

"Tara, is everything alright?" She added, watching Tara start on her phone.

Avoiding Jaime's gaze and wiping those emotions, he tried to hide, acting and looking strong in the moment like nothing.

"Come here..." Jaime held her hands, and Tara followed her.

"I'm sorry if you hear that." Tara's voice became cold, and she did not want to make herself vulnerable in front of Jaime.

"I'm happy seeing you address your emotions aside from me," she whispers.

"I remembered melting those ices that surrounded your cold, stoic heart before..." Jaime hugged and leaned her head over the Taras' shoulders.

'Funny though, every time I looked at you, it seemed I was looking at a doll emotionless, cold, sad, and empty.' She listened, looking at Tara's hands.

"Teasing close to zombie but a cleaner version." Jaime slightly giggles, but Tara only smiles at it.

"ugh,"

"But look at you now, Tara."

"Look, I believe in you. I saw something in you the moment I saw you in my studio." Jaime cupping her face by looking up at her.

"Thank you, Jaime, for staying true and loyal to this family like I am with the..." Tara was almost whispering.

"- Fergusons, yes, I know." Jaime finishes her sentence.

"Even if the media gossip tells the other way around, I don't get it were just businesswomen in this town," Jaime added.

"I don't know what to say..but your last name stands on the test of time here; they built a legacy in here like you built this whole goddamn town from hospitals to churches for theme parks, even in a cemetery and all. Your last name is a philanthropist, and to those people whom Ferguson is involved with, of course the media has gone nuts." Jaime replies, looking the hand holding unto her and squeezed.

"Fair enough, yep, even cemetery, well, that family name is a blessing and a curse, and we deserve an honest and brutal answer from time to time; it is what it is," Tara replied, smiling at her.

"But deep inside, I still rooted for the person I met a few years ago..Otara," Jaime said, leaning on her shoulders.

"I never cheated my wife Yansen, I mean—" She paused.

"Yansen made a choice for herself." Jaime has enabled her emotions to hold her neck.

"She cheated on me because of my absence, and she got bored with our relationship; I didn't know she's only looking for fun." Tara paused.

"But things are different now that I met someone who is a keeper, someone who is waiting for me to come home taking care of the baby like a stereotype boring straight potato in couch couple on that part," Tara said, smirking.

"But isn't it supposed to? Supporting each other? Like a team, no one is above, none is below, just equal. You had some frozen eggs, and I gave birth. You gave child support, providing the basics, and I took care of the baby. You support our needs, but except for the lying part, I don't favor that." Jaime instantly shifts her mood.