Chapter 2 "broken lens"

"Hi! How it goes?" Jamie opening doors gently kissed Tara, and she slowly sliding herself to get in the front door. Jamie wrapped her hands around Tara's neck, looking slightly up at her eyes, waiting.

"It's all good..." she nodded, whispering, looking back at the same time her avoiding gaze started to get curious.

"Do you like her vibe?" Jaime asked excitedly.

"Yeah...yeah...she's a fine woman, Jaime...like you and two were cousins, right? So no worries about it," she whispers, gently wrapping her arms around her waist, still avoiding her gaze.

"And why you're hugging me dearly?" she teases, pushing the lock on the door.

"You missed me?" Tara asked and received some small nods and soft kisses while talking on her lips, still just avoiding eye contact.

"Tara... I've noticed you're acting weird, hmm..? since you saw my cousin, is everything okay? Do you have a crush on her?" she went straight away with it, knowing Tara and her past trauma.

"No, I'm not acting weird, and I don't have a crush on her," a silly smirked at her.

"Okay," Jaime replied, trying to convince herself in front of her.

"Can we cuddle in bed?" Tara whispers in her ear, trying to ease, and she knows how it will end if she doesn't do any.

"Sure... with a massage?" Jaime was trying to get her.

"That would be nice since you were standing the whole day in your studio," Tara insisted, trying to divert the conversation between them.

"Hows your day, by the way?" Jaime asked, pulling away from Tara.

"Surprised by your cousin and yours?" she replied, following her to their room.

"Ugh.., I'm tired. I had a few clients and bookings and stuff," Jaime said in an exhausted manner.

"I'll give you a massage. Come closer." Jaime sat on the side of the bed.

"That's so sweet gestures," Jaime replied, noticing Tara's sad eyes this time.

"No gap's babe," she said, tickling Jaime in response, giggling more.

"So tell me, how is your day with those herbs, my witchy wife... hmmm?" she grinned, looking at her massaging her right foot and looking at Jaime, who was leaning her back on the pile of pillows in the headboard of their queen-size bed.

"My herbs are complete enough to make love spells and love potions as a side hustle needed extras these days," she giggles, playing it along, but she burst laughing, dipping her face on piled pillows above her head.

"Seemed like only Fergusons marry a real witch?" she winked at Jaime, kissing her leg again. A lip bite from Jaime's face almost gave in.

"Anyway, seriously, a dozen models came in; each one of them got a whole body shot; as for now to be released, it'll look like a raw image first," she sighed, closing her eyes, gently feeling the massage soothing deep those muscles on her toe.

"Oh, like before and after then...I'm happy for you, babe. You're living your dream," Tara said, kissing her foot and smiling.

"Are you having a fetish now?" she pulled her foot, giggling.

"If that's what you want, your foot to be kissed and licked, then I'll do it if that makes you turn on." Tara looked at her, holding her leg, teasing with her seductive eyes, and started kissing her leg up gently.

"Oh god, stop! Your being playful!" she bounced off the bed, pulling her foot away again, but Jaime pulled her closer.

"I am so tired and exhausted but fulfilling after you see those happy faces every time I capture their genuine and authentic smile," she added with a serious voice.

"How's your camera, by the way, the one you dropped, is that you stumble those wires?" she smirked.

"Which one, ah, you mean the one is broken..." brushing her fingers to her hair, looking disappointed.

"Clumsy, beautiful Jaime..." she smiled, pulling closer to her.

"The lenses outside were broken, and we needed to buy another same model, which has limited stocks," she replied, brushing Tara's hair dangling on her face.

"I remember we bought that when we had a vacation; as far as I remember, you needed to buy that online and wait for a week," she said, looking at Jaime, who is only slightly nodding while sad playing her hair.

"It'll be fine, okay? Do you need an extra amount for that? I'll transfer some if you like," Tara offered, getting her attention in the present moment.

"No, no... I'm good, and it's fine," she insists.

"Why are you still sad, Jaime? tell me.

"It's my favorite camera, and I took that first picture of you on that lens," Jaime said, pouting in frustration.

"I believe in you, and it'll be fixed, my dear wife." She moved closer, laying her head on her chest, reassuring it'll be fine. Tara is trying to look at her again, wiping those little tears and kissing her forehead.

"Tara, I can't let go of what I saw. Still bothered after you saw my cousin," Jaime said.

"Oh, her...? nothing. I'm not bothered, and let's sleep." she grinned, brushing the thoughts of it and redirecting what her wife was thinking—she may have started a suspension. Tara knows Jaime doesn't deserve that.

Note :

Hi there!
More chapters to come...

The book is unedited (in case you stumble upon those words and phrases in error).

thank you!     xx

—tws