Chapter 15 " wake - up "

"How's your day, Jaime?" Yansen looked at those images on her phone of Jaime's baby bump.

"Like a ticking time bomb, Yansen," she replied in frustration, simply taking a glimpse at Tara.

"And how are you these days, Yansen? It's been three months pass and your still around," she said, tidying her dress after Yansen took pictures of her belly.

"Uh? Did I mention before that I had some business here to take care of?" Yansen masks, pretending not to be offended.

"You mean business venture?" Jaime sounded suspicious.

"Yes,"" Yansen replied.

"Well, okay, I think I need to take a nap. I don't feel well," she added. Jaime couldn't handle the fact that after all this time they're hiding something between her brother Walter.

"Do you like a foot massage?" Yansen offered.

"No, I wanted to go to sleep." Jaime refused, trying her best not to explode what's inside her chest, holding herself back and choosing what's best for the situation. After listening to the hallway incident yesterday, she still couldn't believe Yansen. What's really going on? Jaime had no choice.

"Okay, sure, I'll leave for a moment. Walter is going to be here soon, and the kids." Yansen put away her phone. Jaime only looked at her. Yansen took a glimpse at Tara, which raised her more pile of questions. Jaime didn't react till she was out of her sight.

* * *

Jaime waited an hour for her brother to come with the kids as they do at the weekends, but Jaime received a text message saying his brother couldn't make it today; something was up on the house, and they needed to go home as early as possible.

Then Jaime started to realize what she heard between Walter and Yansen at the corner in a hallway yesterday; he became aloof and avoidant. Putting away her phone, she walked to the bedside with Tara.

"Hey, baby...I wish you could hear me.. I need answers..I discovered something yesterday about the past and that involves you and Yansen." Jaime sighed.

"How am I going to handle all of these things piling up every single day? Is this true that you already married to Yansen? How? When? Why? I didn't know all of these.. my cousin, your ex-wife Yansen? My brother Walter and you? How is it everyone possibly hiding these things everyone knew?? Except me.. why I felt so stupid, dumb, and fool? Is this a joke, Tara?"

Jaime is sobbing on Tara's bedside. The stillness moment has nothing to do with those questions unanswered. Tara remains unresponsive except for Tara's eye slowly walking a half-awake Jaime notices after sobbing for almost an hour.

"Oh my god! Okay, I get it! I get it! I'll stop okay, I'll stop crying. It's not good for the baby," she said, wiping off those tears, this time tears of joy seeing her eyes half open after several months laying in the hospital bed.

"Oh god, baby... okay, hold on, I'll call the doctor's," she said excitedly, pushing one of the buttons above the wall nearest to the hospital bed. Hugging her tight like she almost didn't see her.

"Mrs. Ferguson, if you may please step back, let us do our jobs, please." The nurse ushering Jaime away from the bed, patient holding her shoulders.

"Please, Mrs. Ferguson, sit here and wait here till the doctor is finished checking your wife." The nurse let her inside stay in her mini-room of the hospital, where she's almost lived for several months together with her wife.

She kept fidgeting with her fingers, holding her fidgeting toys that her brother gave her to divert the mind in tough situations. While her knees are starting to shake those nerves even if she's sitting.