chapter 1- the disapperance

It's cold. There's a howling wind chilling me to the bone. It's not easy working on the other side of town. The wind batters my body as I cycle home from work. Its midnight when I get to the park. I can't be bothered with the long way home. I start to pedal through the park. Suddenly the street lights go out. Blackout. Fuck my bike light does very little in the dark. I can see maybe 2 feet in front of me. The wind carries on howling and the rain picks up speed. Fuck, the bike goes out from under me I roll across the hard pavement feeling the skin on my arm peel a little. Fuck. I scramble for my bike, lifting it up by the handle bars. I shine the bike light on my left arm. I can see the blood slowly soaking through my shirt. I'm about to get on my bike when I feel something cold on my shoulder. I then feel the same sensation on the other shoulder. I scream as I get pulled back by some unknown force. I let go of my bike as I fly back. I hit the ground hard. I open my mouth to scream again but something is forced into my mouth. I feel the blade in my chest once then twice then thrice. I feel the breath escape my body as my eyes fight to stay open. So this is what death feels like.