chapter 13- post-mortem

After the clash in the street. Me, Emma and Cindy were taken to the hospital. I had to get restitched. Whilst Cindy had to get her head stitched up. Emma on the other hand was cleaned up and given a couple of butterfly plasters over her cut. Me and Emma are sitting in a costa in the hospital lobby waiting for Cindy to come back. She comes down the stairs on her phone. She gestures for us to come over to her. "What's up?" I ask her when we get to her. "Ok so they're gonna do a autopsy on Daniel and john" she says "and they want me there but they said you two could come if you want although we need you to identify the bodies for us" we get a taxi to the station and Cindy takes us to the station doctors office. He's a regular guy called Lucien. He's got short brown hair and a brown beard that is slowly turning white. He explains to us that he needs us to identify the two bodies for him. We identify both bodies and then he instructs us to stand on the other side of the viewing screen. He begins to cut open both of the bodies. "What the fuck?" he exclaims. As he cuts Daniel's body open. There's a purple ooze coming out of the corpse. I exchanged a concerned glance with Emma. We watch as Lucien cuts open john and exactly the same thing happens a purple ooze comes out of the body.

The nurse who works with Lucien has been working on the clothing that they had been wearing. She comes over and explains that the clothing contained traces of dust. Me, Emma and Cindy exchange glances between us. "You guys didn't notice anything off at the barn or the farmhouse did you?" she asks us. We both shake our heads "well nothing obvious" we say in unison. "Want to take another look maybe?" she asks us. We agree and take a couple of guns with us.