chapter 17- the sky is falling

One year ago

It's a cold November night. I'm looking out the window when I see a red streak fly across the sky. It looks to have landed in a nearby field. I go downstairs and grab my coat and torch and head in the direction that the meteor landed. As I draw closer I see it isn't a meteor at all, it is in fact a spaceship. I shine my light at it. Watching as a purple figure steps out. "HUMAN STOP" he shouts at me. I freeze. Here I am about to make first contact with an extraterrestrial. "Good evening" I said to the purple figure when he stood in front of me. I extend my hand to shake his. "Good evening" he replies, shaking my hand "my name is kal-el but you can call me kal. These are my fellow countrymen zorren-el and sas-el. We are from a planet called zorg. We are a research group assessing the viability of earth as a new home. Regrettably our former planet was destroyed because our fellow country men decided to mine every resource possible from the planet's core." he says to me. I nod my head "my name is jessie white and i'm afraid my friends earth has the same sort of problems. The planet is being killed by the usage of cars and over mining and over population." kal-el nods his head and says "well then jessie we'll help to fix your planet. We need to reproduce and start to rebuild our species" i nod my head.'' Well, my friends tell me what you need to do and we can get to work, ''I say. They explain that they need bodies to take over and mimic to be able to reproduce with the human women. I agree to help them. I take them to the abandoned farm and say they could use this area as a base. I go back to my house and pack my things and leave. I have a new life now. I'm the scientific advisor to the mimic as they begin their invasion of earth and cure it of the cancer that is humanity.

The first few weeks are rough as the mimic build their underground civilization. I set about finding a way for them to capture people. We start by targeting homeless people who are sleeping on the streets soon enough. The mimic has a group of hosts but they need more. We career on harvesting people.

A week earlier

kal-el brings me alex. "You know him?" kal-el asks me when he puts the body on the table. I nod my head "yes he was a former student. He was scientifically gifted unlike his brother ''I say. I set about opening Alex's head "if this human is as smart as you say then he'll be mine to use as a host." i watch as kal-el infects alex kal-el shrinks into the body of alex and then he sits up. He tries out the body for a second "perfect" he says.