chapter 8- talking body

Present day

"N-no w-what d-do y-you mean Alex? '' she says, struggling to get the first few words out. Her eyes darted to the floor avoiding my own. Emma never was a good liar. "You never were a good liar, you know that right?" I asked her. She's still staring at the floor but she says "n-no i-i w-wasn't" she says. I laugh "you do know your mum knew you liked alex. Everyone at school knew. Hell, I knew." i say to her, She smiles and laughs "w-well i-i s-supose you're right there" she says. I take a step forward and she takes a step backwards. So I take another step forward and she steps back. We repeat this process till her backs against a wall. I place my hand on her chin and lift her head up to look me in the eye "well" I whisper I quickly kiss her. It's a short moment, a quick touch almost. But it feels like heaven. "I've been waiting since I was 13 for that," I whispered to her. I step back. Almost preparing for a slap. Instead I'm met by Emma saying "holy. Fucking. Shit." I look at her and see her face is a whole new shade of red. "Well this gonna be awkward" I say. She walks towards me. When she's right in front of me she places a hand on my chest and kisses me. Our lips slightly touch at first but then the slight touch gives way to a deeper passion. Her mouth opens and so does mine and our tongues connect for a second. I can taste her cherry lip gloss again. All that's going round in my mind now is that day 6 years ago when she was 15 and I was 14. The girl I wanted to tell there and then that I loved her and that she should forget my brother. Every moment from the last 8 years floods through my head. The girl i had a stupid crush on and i told myself didn't like me is the girl i am kissing right now.

She pulls away "fuck" she mumbles. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that," she whispers. I look at her for a second "wait what?" I whisper back. "See i am a good liar" she says "i liked you after that day in the barn. The only person that knew was my cousin ''I laugh. "I heard you guys yesterday by the way." i say. I watch Emma's face go from red to white then back to red. "Oh" she says. She takes my hand and starts to pull me into the living room. She pushes me onto the sofa and gets on top. I can't really think much. I'm distracted by Emma who was wrestling my jeans off. I've been waiting forever for this moment and here I am. I pull off Emma's shirt and start to fiddle with the bra she's wearing when there's a knock at the door. "Fuck sake" she mutters. We quickly put our clothes back on and she goes to get the door. 

Cindy is at the door. She comes in to see Emma and they go to the living room where I'm casually sitting on the sofa. I see Cindy shoot a quick wink in Emma's direction before she sits down on a armchair across from me. Emma sits down next to me. Then Cindy says "it's happened again" and we look perplexed. "What do you mean?" Emma asks her. "Someone else has disappeared, just not in the park this time," Cindy says. "Oh shit" I mutter. I shoot a quick look at Emma who looks confused as well. "Where was it?" she asks. i 'm trying to think of secluded enough locations for someone to be kidnapped from. "They were taken from right outside Daniel's job" she says. "Bloody hell" Emma says under her breath.