chapter 12- action hero

A couple days have passed since me and Emma were attacked. We're sat in my bedroom trying to figure out how Daniel's blood was there but the attacker wasn't daniel. There's a gunshot in the street. I jump up and look out the window. I watch as Cindy's car flies into a parked car. There's a man dressed in full black standing in the street with a smoking gun. We go down the stairs and out the house and watch as the guy with the gun turns to look at us. He looks at us and smiles. In the full daylight I can see Daniel's face. A massive cut is going down the left side of his face though. "DANIEL WHAT THE FUCK" i shout. I carry on walking towards him. He raises the gun. And fires I duck behind a car dodging the bullet by millimetres. It hits a car window. "JOHN STOP"I hear Emma shout another shot is fired i hear it hit the car i'm crouched behind. "EMMA" I shouted. I jumped up to see both Daniel and John standing in the street. John has the same cut down the left hand side of his face but there's also a bloody mess in between his eyes. "WHAT THE FUCK" cindy screams shes out the car and has blood pouring from her head. Johns closer to me I rush him and slam him into the nearest car. He lets out a groan of pain as I reach for the gun he dropped. I get hold of it but turn around to see my brother standing over me with his gun pointing over me. "Daniel what happened to you?" i say. Every moment with my brother flashes through my head. Like a highlight reel I see when we broke his shoulder and when we found the farmhouse and I think shit if this is how it ends then at least I knew Emma loved me and at least she knew i loved her. In a split second Emma is leaping into my brother smashing him into the wreckage of Cindy's car. I get to my feet and help Emma up. The sound of sirens fills the air. In a split second the street is filled with emergency vehicles. Soon the police surround my brother and john. Cindy rushes towards us. "Fucking hell emma that leap was badass" she says. I look down at my side. "Oh the doc is gonna kill me" i say the stitches have reopened and my shirt is slightly bloody. Emma has a small cut just above her eyebrow from where she ploughed into my brother. A doctor rushes over to the three of us and starts to make a fuss of us all. They insist we get in the ambulance. As we're walking away from the carnage John jumps to his feet and finds a gun and shoots one of the police officers. I scramble for the gun I took off him earlier. I fire in his direction. I watch as three bullets hit his body, one to the head and two more to the heart. Daniel gets to his feet and tries to strangle one of the firemen working on Cindy's car. I shoot twice hitting him in the head and the heart. "Fuck me" i mutter and drop the gun. I walk over to the ambulance and get in.