chapter 4- the farmhouse

The right side of the farm house is tiny. Its basically just 3 rooms. Even then it might as well be just 2 rooms given the third room is pretty much a corridor. After a quick look around the two rooms. I head over to the left side of the house and hear 2 voices in the room closest to me. I sneak up to the door. "So you and Alex finally made it a thing," Cindy says. I sit by the door listening in. "I wish I was thinking about making a move but I was scared that he wouldn't like me back, '' Emma says. I hear Cindy laugh. I didn't know that Emma liked me, holy shit. Cindy knows I like Emma and she knows that Emma likes me. Holy shit. "If you ask me Emma, I think you should just go for it," she says. This is my moment i walk round the corner "go for what emma?" I say when I walk into the room. Emma screams and jumps at me. I catch her. "Bloody hell" I say. "It's only me, it's nothing else." i hug her awkwardly while trying to calm her down. "Jesus, Emma, it's okay" I whispered in her ear. I shoot a quick look over at Cindy who winks back. I let go of Emma as Cindy pulled her phone out of her pocket. "God is that the time '' Cindy says "I best get going I'll see you guys around" she brushes past me and leaves. "Looks like it's just me and you" I say to Emma. She wraps her hand firmly in mine "if you let go I'm gonna batter you" she says. I smile "wouldn't dream of it" I quickly respond. We walk out of the room and towards the next one. It's hidden behind a rather rotten door. I try to turn the handle with my free hand "shit" I mutter. "Forgive me Emma '' I say letting go of her hand. I can feel her glare in the back of my head. I push my foot against the door and kick.