chapter 2- searching

It's been 3 days since my brother disappeared. The police have been looking for him and have had no luck. The whole town has been in the woods near the park where his bike was. But no one has seen anything. I'm in the woods for a fourth day walking up the hill past the High school. The sun shining through the trees and the wind slowly blowing the trees making them sway a little. I carry on walking admiring how serne the scenery is. "ALEX" I hear someone call out. I turn around and see a petite blonde girl wearing blue jeans, a black t-shirt and black shoes running towards me. As she nears me I see her face come into view. Her cheeks are red from running up the hill to me, she's got brown eyes covered by a pair of circular glasses like the ones in Harry Potter, her slight freckles are slightly hidden by the redness in her cheeks her lips are a bright red i assume she put on lipstick right before she left for the woods. Once she's basically in front of me she trips over a rock. I rush to catch her as she falls. "Jesus Emma '' I say. I help her to her feet ''what are you doing out here?" She asks me. I look at her with a dumbfounded look. "Oh right stupid question want some help looking for Daniel" she asks me.

Emma is Daniel's childhood friend there both a little older than me And I've known her since I was a kid. Truth be told since I was 12 I've had a small bit of a crush on Emma but she's 2 years older than me and she's way out of my league anyway. "Sure if you wanna tag along it would be nice to have some company" we carry on walking through through forest for a bit just chatting and looking around for Daniel when Emma says "have you searched the old spot" I gasp "oh my god I hadn't thought to check down there" we start to walk towards the old farm. It was long abandoned by the time Emma and Daniel were 13. We used to go there every weekend for hours.

We used to smoke and drink out there because there were no adults nearby to stop us. It was basically just an old barn that we used to hang out in. We get to the field near the barn and we look at the old building "wow it looks smaller. What happened to it? ' Emma says to me "we got old that's what happened, come on let's see if Daniel is here" we walk towards the old barn and I feel a wave of nostalgia hit me.