Chapter 23

Rheanyra Targaryen finally sat upon the iron throne, as the rightful heir. Though the sight was witnessed by a handful, the queen appreciated those most important to her to be present.

Aegon knelt before the steps, his hair dirty and messy, over all he looked like a weakling, filthy and worn from the lack of fighting he did.

"Aegon Targaryen, you have been found guilty of the murder of Lucerys Velaryon Targaryen." Daenerys spoke, standing before him. Her words were laced with spite and hatred, she never particularly liked her uncle, but now she felt nothing but pleased at being able to sentence him.

Alicent lunged forward trying to save her son, until daemon held out his sword to her chest as a warning not to move.

"You're only still alive because I made a promise." Daemon warned the woman, who glanced over his shoulder at Daenerys. The girls eyes had changed, previously full of excitement and mystery, now they were empty, pained.

Daenerys stepped aside, to let her mother step down towards Aegon.

"You took my child from me after I had spared yours. This war, this suffering and lives lost could of been prevented if it wasn't for your selfishness." But Rheanyra knew it was Otto and Alicent behind the schemes, it was time for them to receive their sentences.

"I sentence you, Otto hightower and Alicent hightower, to banishment from Westeros." Just as the sentence had been set, aemond entered the throne room storming down the isle. Brandon stepped out in front of Daenerys, earning a glare from aemond for preventing him from coming closer to his wife.

"State your business." Daemon spoke lazily, standing to the other side, between his daughter and alicent. Aemond shared glanced between the two, Daenerys holding herself strong and proud.

"I pledge my loyalties to, Daenerys Eamma Targaryen, rightful heir to the iron throne." Brandon stepped aside, retrieving his sword, letting Aemond bend the knee before Daenerys, earning a smirk from the girl.

Daemon glanced back at queen Rheanyra, who nodded to agreement, though he didn't pledge his loyalties to the queen herself, she knew he would not be a threat to her.

"If you chose to conspire against the crown again, it will be taken as treason, punishable by death." Daenerys spoke out to Alicent and Otto hightower, after their minor interruption.

"What about my children and grandchildren ?" Alicent held her chest, worry on her features, though a delusional woman, she loved her children very much.

"Healena will be well cared of along with her children. Aemond will rule by the side of my daughter, who will take her rightful place on the iron throne after me, after so graciously proven herself a worthy queen."

"That girl has caused nothing but chaos since her arrival, she's like a storm, a trail of destruction left after her." The hightowers have never hid their dislike towards Daenerys, but Otto hightowers comment made her smirk, knowing there was nothing he could do about it anymore.

"Perhaps you're getting away too lightly with you're sentence, Otto Hightower. Speaking to the queens daughter like such, perhaps you should end up like ser criston." Ottos eyes widened at Daenerys, he wondered what happened to the kings guard, now it appears as he got his answer.

"What about my son, Aegon ?" Alicent decided to ignore the communication between the two, looking at Queen Rheanyra with pained eyes.

"Eagon has been sentenced to death." Upon hearing those words from Daenerys, Aegon stood up pulling a sword from one of the guards, swinging it in daenerys direction.

But Aemond and Brandon both drew their own swords, Brandon pulling daenerys back so the two men could step in front of her, protecting the princess.

"I would think twice before drawing a sword to my wife, brother." Daenerys smirked at Aemonds exclaim, glancing between the two men that were willing to sacrifice their life for her.

Aegon dropped the sword in defeat, metal clanking Against the tiles. They watched as two guards held Aegons arms, leading him out of the castle for his sentence to be carried out.