Chapter 14

Daenerys and Lucerys arrived at house Baratheon shortly before sundown, a storm raging in the skies it made it hard for the dragons to land. The two siblings stood before the keep waiting for the guards to escort them inside, their four dragons raising their wings to go fly else where while their riders went about their duties.

A loud roar made Lucerys grab a hold of his sister hand, their attention turned to vhagar who appeared from the storm clouds, it's shadow casted through them when the lightning hit.

Daenerys suddenly felt a tightening in her chest, but giving her younger brother a reassuring smile even though she felt uneasy herself. Daenerys readjusted her sword that hung behind her back, pulling it to her side for easier access if things were to get out of hand.

"Wait, if anything happens take sapphire, do not take arrax, do you understand ?" Daenerys tugged at her brothers hand that he held tightly, he stared at his sister for a moment, wondering why she was asking this of him, but nodded in agreement when he saw the look in her eyes.

The dragons shall dance in the eye of the storm.

Healenas words rang in the girls ears, putting her evermore on edge. When they entered the castle, it was dark and glum, somewhat matching the energy of their day. Lord Baratheon already stood at the stone table with Aemond Targaryen, no doubt trying to create an alliance ahead of the Princess.

Daenerys entire body lit up in sparks upon eye contact with Aemond, but she remained contained with her composure, standing tall with her brother by her side to represent their queen.

"Lord Baratheon, it's an honour to have you accept us at such short notice. Although I see somebody had beat us to it." Daenerys didn't let any of her emotions show through, avoiding the princes gaze that followed her every move.

"Lady Alicent had offered to wed her son Aemond to my daughter, I believe Princess Rheanyra hasn't an counter offer." Daenerys raised her eyebrows, her eyes darting between the Lord and Aemond who suddenly looked rather uncomfortable.

"Is that right ? Correct me if I'm wrong lord Baratheon ,but polyamory is strongly looked down upon as it goes against our beliefs and gods themselves."

"That is correct Princess."

"Then Alicent has placed a false offer before you, lying to you to persuade your alligence. You see, Prince Aemond would be unable to Marry your daughter because he is already married to me." Lord Baratheon was caught by surprise, glancing between Daenerys and Aemond who stood on opposite sides of the table.

"That is unless, lady Alicent has issued my death. That is the only way your daughter and her son would marry. Is that what you're mother has done, issue a bounty for my head ?" Daenerys stood with her hands behind her back, the room felt as though it belonged to Daenerys and Aemond, everyone else that was present didn't feel like they should be there.

Daenerys eyes burned into Aemond, fire flaring up in her chest at the news that perhaps there could be a bounty out for her and she could be swarmed by men and women to kill her at any moment.

"I will not stand by a king that tries to deceive others to gain benefit for themselves, send word to Queen Rheanyra that house Baratheon stands by her, our terms can be arranged at a later date."

"Your loyalty will be well rewarded, Lord Baratheon." Daenerys smiled at the lord, bowing her head in respect before he followed his guards out of the hall, leaving the Targaryens to their own.

"Perhaps this will teach your mother and brother a lesson, the fabrication of the truth is strongly looked down upon around these parts." Daenerys smirked at her husband who she seen mere two days prior, though he didn't look so pleased instead turned his attention to Lucerys.