Chapter 24

The next evening, a celebration was held. The Targaryen family settled into the red keep, slowly rebuilding the damage that had been done to the streets of kings landing, the hightowers were send out on a ship out of Westeros and Aegon was held captive in the dungeons awaiting his sentence.

Though a simple dinner, as everyone had still been not just mourning their losses but also the exhaustion was apparent. Aemond sat across the corner from Daenerys, holding her hand as he did not want to be there. He felt as though he was intruding a family gathering that he wasn't wanted at.

But there wasn't a thing that he wouldn't do for his wife, and seeing her laugh and smile with her own made his heart tug, from the joy of finally being reunited with her but also a slight pain knowing most of his own family was gone forever.

A toast had been made, by Daemon on behalf of his wife. Congratulating them all on their success of standing by the true heir and returning her to her rightful place, the iron throne.

Heleana and the children were also present, enjoying their night just as much as the rest. She had seemed to adjust to the new life rather quickly, though Daenerys wasn't surprised. She still had her and Aemond, and everyone else made the girl feel rather welcome.

Daenerys watched as the children were running rampant, coming to Aemond to poke at the man and pull at him. One glare from his eye send them running off with laughter until they'd circle back and do it all over again.

Rheanyra watched her daughter, she had that look in her eyes as she gazed upon the children with her husband, that heart warning feeling in chest, perhaps her mind was getting some ideas.

"May the Princess want to dance with me ? For old times sake." Brandon pulled out his chair, holding out his hand to Daenerys. She smiled, gladly accepting, not noticing the glares they were receiving from a certain someone.

"What will you do now, Lord stark ? No doubt you will be graciously rewarded for your service." Daenerys leaned into his body, thinking not much of it than simply enjoying her time with a friend.

Brandon held the Princess, resting his hands on her waist to spin her around before the pair turned their backs to each other, raising their hands in a mirroring action.

"Return to winter fell, no doubt mother will already be making plans to wed me off."

"You are a man, you have the option to reject a marriage proposal, bran."

"Well I was already settled on marrying a certain princess, but she decided to shatter my heart and marry somebody else." Brandon leaned in to whisper in the girls ear, earning a gentle nudge into his arm before they spun around each other.

Daenerys faced Aemond while Brandon had his back to him, locking her own eyes with his, she saw the pure and utter anger flaring in his face. The girl couldn't help but smirk, realising that her dancing with Brandon was making her husband jealous.

"Perhaps a new Princess became available?" Daenerys thought about Heleana, she didn't want the Princess to become lonely but perhaps it wasn't such a good idea.

Daenerys gasped when she spun into a hard body, Aemond glaring down at her as he towered over her. A low growl rumbled in his chest, sending the same if not worst look at Brandon who remained in his stance, establishing dominance between the two men. Daenerys placed a hand on Brandon's arm, urging him to return to his seat.

Turning back to Aemond, Daenerys slid her hand up his chest to rest on his shoulder. But the man put his arms around her waist, roughly pushing her into his body, so close it felt as though their bodies moulded into one another.