20.

The next day, James sat in his math class waiting for their teacher. He didn't know how he felt that day: he had a range of emotions. 

Of course one of them was the fact that his girlfriend wanted to take a break, and they had never taken a break ever since they had started dating 2 years ago. Truthfully speaking, he loved Hikaru. He didn't want things to end and he didn't want her to have a wrong perspective of him, but what was he going to do when she wasn't answering his messages or picking his calls. 

The second and most grueling thing was how to treat Justin. Justin was annoying and strangely clingy, but James didn't just hate him because of that. James hated him because, to some weird extent, he still hadn't been able to get over how attractive Justin was. 

'No I'm just saying, Justin has never liked anyone before.' One male student sitting behind James commented. 'So if he likes James, who's to say that James won't fall for him? Justin is very cute.' 

'What!? No!' his companion replied. 'It will obviously depend on James' orientation, not whether Justin is cute or not.' 

'Well who's to say James is straight?'

'Hey,' James turned around to the two students behind him, and they immediately froze. They hadn't realized that James was the one sitting in front of them. 'Do you mind?' 

'We're sorry.' one was the first to apologize. 'We were just joking.' 

'Yeah that's not a funny joke.' he said seriously, giving both boys chills on their spines. 

'Sorry,' they both replied.

Wonyoung who was sitting next to James chuckled. 'Serves them right. That's just a real stupid suggestion. Why would someone as handsome and popular as you even fall for Justin?' 

James didn't get a chance to reply because the math teacher had walked in. The students groaned once they had noticed him carrying their test papers from their previous quiz. 

'Don't be so bothered,' the teacher said to them, 'it seems the quiz was fairly simple, because most of you did well.' 

James didn't know where he stood, he simply waited for his paper as the papers were placed on each student's desk. 

He peered over at Wonyoung's B+, she was probably the rare types who were beautiful and smart at the same time. 

He waited for a while before the teacher placed his paper on his desk, a large and imposing D on the paper. James immediately folded the paper to keep people from seeing his grade, but luckily, everyone was focused on their own.

Now James started to get worried. He didn't care about his grades, that had always been the least of his concerns. But he didn't want to be sent to live with his grandparents, he suddenly felt afraid. 

'Hey is everything okay?' Wonyoung asked him, having noticed how quiet James had gotten. 

'Not really.' he answered honestly. 'I didn't get a good grade in Math and I really need to keep my grades up. Otherwise...well my family has promised me dire consequences.' 

'Ooh your family is that strict?' she asked him with a shocked face. 'Well, are you trying to get all your grades up or just wanna improve your GPA?' 

'I guess improving my GPA is a first step.' he listened to her more intently. 'You have an idea how I can do that without having to get a tutor or work hard? Working hard is not for me.' 

Wonyoung chuckled. 'I totally understand. Sunghoon and Jungwon are just like you when it comes to that.' she then smiled. 'Why don't you try an elective? Have you already picked one? It may raise your GPA if you pick something you're good at.'