24.

James opened the door to the apartment and walked inside. Justin followed, all his curiosity set on where James lived. He didn't expect James to live in one of these apartments to begin with, he thought he would be one of the kids who lived in mansions based on the friends he had attracted. It was a very simple apartment in his view. 

'Whoa who's this?' his sister Keran asked as she looked away from the TV and removed her feet from the table.

'This is my friend Justin.' James answered quickly.

'Friend? Why is your friend here at this time?' she slightly smirked. 'Are you sure he's just a friend?' 

'Obviously!' James screamed immediately, not wanting her to get the wrong idea.

'What? He's cute.' Keran chuckled then turned to Justin. 'I really like you, you seem like a good kid. I bet you even do well in school right?' 

'Well,' Justin smiled a bit. 'I don't remember the last time I got a B honestly.'

'Wait, what?' James even looked at Justin in disbelief. 'Are you for real?' 

Justin nodded. 

James was impressed; how could someone be so smart, good at art and handsome at the same time? James was only "better" than him because he was popular. 

'Wow you should hang out with him a lot more,' Keran announced and got up her chair. 'Anyway, I gotta go. I'm playing at the local pub tonight. Look James, mom and dad are on TV.' she announced. 

James and Justin both looked at the television, and Justin was surprised to see James' parents. They were decently dressed and definitely looked like respected individuals as people listened to them lay out their aspirations and dreams for a better world. Justin was actually sure he had seen them on TV some time before. 

'It's unfortunate that we still live in a society where a child will be laughed at or bullied simply because they are not straight.' Mr. Zhao announced. 'I think as parents, we should make sure our children are not the perpetrators.' 

James sat down, and Justin slowly at down next to him. James didn't seem pleased with what he was seeing, in fact he seemed a bit saddened. 

'Those are your parents?' Justin asked just to be sure, while Keran left the room with her guitar. 

James nodded and didn't say a word.

'But they're so...they're so different from you.' he chose to say it respectfully. 'So why don't you live with your parents?' 

'They sent me away.' 

Justin was surprised that James was actually answering him, he seemed to have been too saddened to even be mean to Justin.

'They sent you away? Why?' 

James looked at Justin sadly. 'It's a long story, super long stupid story.' he then forced a smile. 'Anyway, you better get started! You don't have much time to complete that piece of art!' he got up.

'Okay,' Justin nodded and started to follow James as he went to his room.

'And don't draw something stupid this time. Geez you embarrassed me.' 

Justin chuckled to himself then entered James' room. It lacked personality, a sign that he hadn't been there for long to make any changes like most teenagers would.

James walked towards his study desk and swept off a bunch of clothes and food wrappers, a sign that his desk was used for anything else but studying. He quickly looked for a sheet of paper and a pencil, then placed it on the study desk. 

'Okay, begin.' he told him and dropped himself on the bed. 

Justin slowly took the seat and grabbed the pencil, and his mind was rummaging for inspiration. He didn't know where to start at the moment. 

'Hey Hikaru,' James said to his girlfriend over the phone, making jealousy rise in Justin's heart. 'Yeah? Are you willing to tell me why you wanted us to go on a break? – Cause I'm mean? Have I ever been mean to you?' 

Justin sighed and tried to block out the conversation, it hurt him that it still seemed like James loved someone else. But he didn't love someone else – he was October_rooster, HIS Octoeber_rooster, he obviously loved Justin but couldn't show it. 

'Fine you'll tell me when you're ready to stop this break thing Hikaru. I'm done with you too.' James hang up angrily and started to play music on his cell phone to relax. He smiled to himself as he played his favorite song Stay, and Justin couldn't help but smile as well. It reminded him that James actually loved him despite how he acted.

While Justin still searched for inspiration that seemed like it wouldn't come, James drifted off to sleep. 

Justin stayed there looking at the paper blankly, drawing and erasing all his work very frequently. He finally gave up and decided to take a peek at his beloved who was asleep on his bed. 

He walked over closer to the bed and looked at James who looked so innocent and beautiful. Here, he could really believe that this was October_rooster. 

Justin leaned over the bed and took a closer look, getting enchanted by James' appearance. He crawled closer and leaned his hands on the cold sheets. Justin looked at James' lips and how he would want, above everything, to place his lips on the innocent James'. 

No don't do it, it's wrong. This is someone else's boyfriend and a kiss won't be consensual. His conscious wrestled with him

Then again, it's not like he'll know. And it's not as if it's a real kiss, it's just going to be a small peck anyway. The devil on his shoulder instructed him.

He hesitated, but he finally decided to lean in closer. He then crawled closer to James and leaned in slowly, he couldn't believe he was doing it. His heart thumped out of excitement and fear. 

As he moved his lips closer to steal a kiss, he panicked when James' eyes suddenly snapped open. 

'What the hell are you doing?' James asked sternly. Before Justin could respond, he pushed him off and turned the tables. Now James was on top of Justin, his hands pinning his wrists to the bed. '

'I'm sorry,' Justin felt like crying, he couldn't imagine what James was about to do to him for trying to kiss him.

craving.