1

"Kayls please. Come on. Please do this for me!" Frank begged.

"No" Kayleigh fired back. "You can't be serious about this Frank. What the fuck!"

"Kayleigh. Please. I will never ask anything of you ever again. But come on. I'm begging you" Frank continued to plead, all wide eyed and desperate.

Kayleigh sighed loudly and shook her head a little, but Frank could tell she was at least beginning to contemplate the idea.

"Frank. There's no way this can work. It's stupid. Admit it!" she tried.

"It isn't. I know it can work. I can feel it" Frank replied, beginning to shuffle with excitement in his seat. "We have to at least try. You gotta understand that don't you?"

"Yeah" Kayleigh spoke softly. "I do. And I know how desperate you are Frank, but I'm worried you'll be devastated all over again if it doesn't go to plan. I can't bear to see you like that again."

Frank understood where his friend was coming from. The last two and a half years had been like a living hell for Frank. Yet Kayleigh had been there for him nearly every step of the way – from the relentless medical and physio appointments he had needed, to the therapy sessions that he had hated. She had been there to calm him down when he was filled with rage and anger. And she had comforted him when he had needed it the most. He had come up with numerous insane plans over the last couple of years, but this seemed just a step too far and Frank knew he was pushing her to the limit of their friendship.

"Just read it once more Kayls. Please just take another look!" he was saying as he pushed the piece of paper towards her.

She huffed loudly to express her frustration at his persistence, but reluctantly took the paperwork from him.

Live In Housekeeper / Carer

Short Term Contract

Due to work commitments, a live in housekeeper / carer is required for a 2-month period.

Applicants should have some experience of care giving to a vulnerable person.

You must have patience and show compassion and be on hand to deal with the everyday needs of someone who is suffering the effects of a past head trauma and amnesia. You will be responsible for the daily distribution of medication, cooking of nourishing meals, maintaining housekeeping and general companionship.

In return, you will receive a generous pay package (to be confirmed), reside in luxury home in the hills of LA, with full use of all household amenities, vehicles etc. with all food, beverages and any other required provisions fully included.

Note: NDA must be signed upon appointment.

Please submit your application to Mrs L Way via link below.

"Frank. I can't do this" Kayleigh said, looking sadly at her friend after reading through the job application once again. " And I'd have to sign an NDA?"

"Please" he again pleaded, grabbing a hold of her hand as he did.

"It's just applying for an interview Kalys. There's no saying you'll even get the job yet. And if you do, then we just have to make sure she's definitely of the country with work, and then you can leave. I'll take over then Kayls and you can forget about everything. It's just this first hurdle. Please. I have to see him."

"Frank. I have no fucking medical experience. How the hell can I get references saying I've been a carer before? Come on. Think about it!"

"Fuck. That's all your worried about?" Frank snapped, then immediately apologised, sensing Kayleigh's annoyance with him. "Sorry. I just meant, that's not gonna be a problem. We can get fake references. Fuck. She won't even check them I can guarantee that."

After a lot more negotiation, with Kayleigh putting various scenarios and situations to Frank (all of which he had a solution to), she finally agreed, much to the gratitude of Frank who was promising her anything she wanted in return.

"I got the interview Frank" Kayleigh was telling her friend over the phone.

She had to move the handset away from her ear before her eardrum was perforated by Frank's excited screech. He was ecstatic and almost in tears as she told him the date and time of her interview.

"Frank, please don't get your hopes up" she said, sensing Frank already thinking it was mission accomplished.

"I'm not" he replied unconvincingly, although his smile was evident through the phone line.

He rushed over to her house to 'prep her' and give her any pointers on what to expect from Lindsey. Frank knew how calculating Lindsey was, yet how you could be sucked in instantly by her soft voice and 'friendly' persona if you weren't on your guard. He advised Kayleigh that she got off on people blowing smoke up her ass and complimenting the shit out of her - she liked to believe she was the centre of the fucking universe. He tried to reign his hatred for the woman in a little and stick to the facts about her but did keep going off on a tangent a little, calling her 'a fucking piece of shit' or 'a deranged and pathological liar.'

Kayleigh had to keep threatening not to go through with it if he didn't stay on track and focused. She had never met Gerard before and wanted to know a little more about him – and not just the usual stuff that Frank had gushed about him over the last couple of years since her and Frank had become friends.

The familiar smile that seemed to adorn Frank's face appeared as he began to tell her how intelligent Gerard was, how creative and truly inspirational he was, how sensitive and kind a soul he was. She knew about the Gerard Way from the more recent headlines, and his past career, but she needed Frank to tell her about the Gerard that only his nearest and dearest knew. And once he was in full flow talking about him, he couldn't seem to stop. Seeing Frank talk so animatedly about him, beaming with a huge smile as he recollected stories of their times together was all the confirmation Kayleigh had needed to know that she had made the right decision in doing this.

Frank needed her help, and reading between the lines, Gerard did too. If that was even possible.

A couple of days later, Frank was driving Kayleigh to an address that he had waited years to discover. He was trying really hard to keep his emotions in check. He couldn't believe that after all this time (scouring the internet for any clues and coming up with plans with the rest of the guys to discover his whereabouts), he would be so close to Gerard. He tried not to get overly optimistic about Kayleigh getting the job, but he had to have hope right?

Handing her the fake references, he gave her an encouraging kiss to her cheek as she nervously got out of his car a little way down the street. She looked beyond anxious, and it made Frank feel a little guilty to be asking this of her.

Still, there was no other way. No way for him or anyone else to get close to Gerard again.

This was their only chance.