4. Kind Stranger

Skyla woke up in what felt like a bed

Skyla woke up in what felt like a bed. She knew it wasn't hers or Valka's because it creaked under her when she moved. It was a wooden bed not a bed. That meant that the escape from the sanctuary was real. And she really did fall into the water. Am I in Valhalla? She thought to herself.

She opened her eyes and sat up. She saw was wrapped in numerous furs and realized that she was wearing nothing but her under clothes which made her question who may have saved her and brought her out of the water. Looking around the room, her eyes landed on a man who was asleep on a chair that was seated near the bed. Since she had never seen or been near a human man before she took her time examining him carefully.

He had long dark hair that was pulled into a ponytail, tanned skin, muscled arms and some chin tattoos. He looked so peaceful sleeping right there.

She suddenly felt a sneeze coming on and tried to stifle it but it came out louder than she expected. He snorted and she quickly pulled the blankets over her and pretend to be asleep. She heard something creak and felt a warm hand touch brush her bangs back and touch her forehead and grunt in approval.

"I know you are awake. There's no point of faking it." She opened her eyes and saw the man who was asleep in the chair earlier standing by the bed. She sat up and rubbed her arms.

"Where are my clothes?" She asked. The man moved from the bed and walked over to a sack that was on a table. He picked it up and tossed iy to her. She opened it up and pulled out a bundle of clothes. She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Your other ones were ruined when we found you. Believe me I wasn't expecting you to survive the cold waters. We thought you were dead or were dying when we found you."

"How long was I like that?"

"Three days. And we were starting to get worried but your breathing assured us that you were still alive." He said rubbing the nape of his neck.

Three days. Oh Valka most likely thought she was dead. Maybe she was. She pinched herself as hard as she could with her nails and yelped when the sharp pain shot through her arm. The man looked at her funny and just looked away.

"I'll be outside so you can dress. I'll come back with some food when you're ready." He said walking to the door and stopped to look back at her. "And my name is Eret by the way, in case if you were curious."

"Alright then. Thank you Eret." She said unfolding the shirt.

"No problem." He said with a smile. He walked out of the cabin and carefully closed the door behind him.

Sorry if that was too short! I promise next chapter will be longer!