The Next Splatfest

You were sound asleep in your bed, for once.

Same with everyone else, as it was a nice and breezy night.

That all happens to change quickly like always, as Leo became extremely excited and bolts into the castle, hyped up about something. She specifically went to your room and the other teammates she had. He grabbed you, Meggy, Beta and Mario, he drags you four out and launched you all into an arena.

Y/N: What's going on?!

Meggy: I think it's time.

Leo: Meggy's Right. You four promised, so we're doing this..for Desti.

You then remember.

Meggy: When does the Splatfest start?

Leo: Soon..

Y/N: I really should get my calendar all set..after this I think I have to fight Mr Dream.

Beta: Ah, So you train extra hard.

Y/N: Right.

Beta: We'll save enough energy to help you after this.

You smiled.

Y/N: Thanks.

Leo: Only if you help win the Splatfest.

Y/N: Of course I'll help, I would hate myself if I denied this.

Leo: That's good to hear. I'm glad to have you all as my best friends...you guys have no idea how much this means to me..

Meggy: We're going to be there for you Leo..of course we have your back. Right boys?

Beta/You/Mario: RIGHT!

You three cheer and high five each other, Mario missed the high-five and face plants in the concrete, Beta and you help him up and high five him instead, making him smile.

Mario: :D

You all get geared up.

Y/N: Let's us begin..

———

DJ Funk-Dolphin: Training Montage Time!

He says as he inserts a disk.

DJ Funk-Dolphin: Give it up baby~

DJ Funk-Dolphin immediately takes out the disk and puts it away in a panic.

DJ Funk-Dolphin: Whoops! Wrong one! This is the one..

He inserts the right disk this time, as upbeat music began to play.

(As always, music belongs to their rightful owner, this was used for entertainment purposes only.)

DJ Funk-Dolphin: LETS BEGIN!!!

———

Meggy acts like a drill sergeant and marched back and fourth between, You, Beta, Mario and Leo.

Meggy: Listen up team! This arena has twelve unique systems within it. Such as the moving target range, coral wall, even facing eachother at the very end, this is no competition, it's only about finishing, just be fast, be sharp and don't get eliminated! Do I make myself clear?