⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟔𝟓

a week had passed since the incident with jaemin and haechan and two were beginning to realise they were being ridiculous. all it took was for jeno and renjun to sit them down and force them to talk to each other. it opened their eyes to their mistakes and they had apologised to each other. all they had left to do was apologise to jihyun. they almost fought about who would apologise first but then decided it should be whoever got the chance. all that mattered was that they fixed things.

jisung, renjun and jihyun were all sat in renjun's room, discussing things and messing around because everyone else was busy. it was hard to find time to spend with each other now that they were getting jobs and tasks so sometimes it would be only a couple of them together or just one of them all alone until dinner time.

though jisung was in the middle of talking, jihyun had disassociated and lost herself in her mind as she often found herself doing.

"jihyun, are you even listening to me?" jisung asked, having noticed this.

"sorry, cutie, i spaced out for a second." she replied.

"you need to stop calling me cute." he groaned, shaking his head.

"but you're just so cute!" she exclaimed, wiggling her fingers at him.

"no! stay away from me!" he jumped from his seat and bolted for the doors, knowing she'd have pinched his cheeks if he hadn't.

"that's one way to get rid of him easily." renjun muttered. now it was just him and jihyun and he couldn't deny he was glad.

"you look like you have a lot on your mind." she nudged him.

"you too. you were completely out of it before."

"i was only daydreaming. not really thinking. it was almost like i was in a different world."

"what were you dreaming about?" he asked.

"uh... i forgot." she laughed nervously with a sheepish grin.

"you can't fool me." he said, narrowing his eyes.

"yeah... i don't even know why i bothered." she sighed. "alright. i was in a place outside the walls of panem and i was with all my friends and family. doyoung was there too, raising a baby girl with hana. we all had our own houses that were perfect for us and everything was beautiful. panem was good too. a better ruler had taken over and there was no more tragedy."

renjun observed her as she enthusiastically talked about what she had been day dreaming. he felt a sense of pity and he hated that he did because he didn't want to pity her. she hated it too. but he could see how passionate she was about building a better life one day and he wished it could come soon for them all. though some things could never go the way they wanted...

"tell me more about this. where was i?" renjun asked.

"you? well..." she paused to think. "i don't think i really got that far into the dream. i tend to daydream about this a lot but it's always the same thing from the beginning and it doesn't rlly progress. i don't think my brain can process it all and i'm holding back because i don't truly believe this could ever become a reality."

"oh..." he mumbled. "then say if you could dream more then tell me about it. what would happen? what would i be like?"

"i'd like to think you'd have a cute little house right in between mine and haechan's."

"a nightmare." he sighed.

"of course, the others houses were nearby as well," she continued, too focused on what else her imagination could bring about. "but i say mine and haechan's because we'd definitely knock on your door and then run away before you open the door. i'd also bake food a lot and drop some to your house in this adorable handmade basket chenle made because he'd start a little business for crafting things. there'd also be this little lake nearby and me and you would go there every few days just to dip our feet into the water and watch the fish swimming around. we'd have weekly picnic dates with everyone there too and make flower crowns."