♡ Chapter 1 ♡

"Why's my little princess so grumpy?" Jungkook's voice echoed in the car. Byul was sitting in the front seat while Jungkook was driving. Taehyung was sitting in the back, smiling at them without saying anything. 

It was six months now that they were shifted in this neighborhood in the new town. Jungkook didn't want Taehyung to recall every bad memories again and again so he insisted and both of them have decided to shift to a new town near Seoul. 

Their princess was grumpy because today she was being taken by her parents to get her admitted in the new school. 

It's not like she hates school, it's just everything is so new for her. She's afraid to encounter bullies. And what if the teachers are the scariest? What if no one likes him? What if they're like the bullies from back in school. Yes. She didn't tell her parents about the bullies she faced in the school in Seoul. 

Why?

Because she has seen her Appa is already super busy, she can't ask for more.

And secondly, she's scared of her Dad. Also, she's aware that her Dad will be of no help anyway. 

But what about now? In this small town? How's she going to manage here? How long will she be able to hide things?

"Byul, baby, stop overthinking. Everything will be fine." Jungkook says as he tries to cheer her up.

"Appa, please, I don't wanna go." She pouts.

"It'll b-be f-fun, Byu-" Taehyung says in a low and hesitant voice but was interrupted by Byul who said, "Appa. I won't ask for ice creams, I promise." She plainly ignores her dad.

Taehyung smiles keeping quiet. Jungkook observes this from the back mirror, he always has.

The relationship between Taehyung and Byul has been the same. Nothing has changed. He sighs.

"Here, we reached!" Jungkook declares in a cheering voice. He gets out of the car and takes Byul out in his hold. Her eyes now had thick tears building in. "Don't cry, baby" Jungkook kisses the crown head of the little girl. "I promise, this school is the best place!" He assures. "If not, you can tell me anytime, yeah?" 

"You promise?" She asks hesitantly. "Yes! And you will find best of friends here!" He says. And they walk in the school building. "Really!" She sniffles believing her Appa and wipes away her tears. 

"Yes, my dear! Now where's my kiss?" Jungkook asks as he takes down the little girl from his hold. He hands over her tiny bag and water bottle. 

She kisses her Appa's cheeks and Jungkook smiles. She was about to leave when Jungkook calls her again and asks if she's forgetting anything. 

She comes back and stands in front of her Dad. Taehyung smiles hesitantly when was pulled by Jungkook at the little girl's level. She kisses his cheeks as well. 

Taehyung always goes on cloud nine whenever she does this. He smiles widely and both of them waves at her as she disappears inside the building. 

"Hmm! You look more happy when she kisses you. Not fair!" Jungkook says as holds Taehyung's hands to get towards their car.

"Of course! She's precious!" Taehyung chuckles in a teasing manner. 

"And I'm not? I'm offended!!" Jungkook pouts.

"Will she be okay? Should we wait here until she comes back? What if she cries for us? What if she searches for u-"

"Look at you easily ignoring me!" Jungkook tries to cheer the tensed man.

"She's alone. This place is new for her. Everyone is new in there. Even the dialect is a bit different. Don't you think she'll feel sad.... or lonely? I think we-"

"Angel," Jungkook softly holds the elder's hand as they were now in front of their car. "She'll be fine." 

"But what if she cries-"

"Honey, Shh. Relax." Jungkook makes the elder to sit on the front seat as he himself sits on the driver's seat. "She'll have to be strong. She'll be fine on her own, love." 

Taehyung pouts playing with his fingers. 

"By the way how are you feeling today?" Jungkook asks as he starts the car. 

"I'm g-good." Taehyung says. 

It has been like that. Taehyung was recovering and no one expects him to be suddenly a confident and cheerful person that he was in the past. Jungkook is there for him to take it slow. 

He was still continuing his therapy but not in a rigid manner. Seokjin has advised them to change places and start over again since it'll be great for all of them. Seokjin has assured Jungkook that he'll make few visits to their place when needed. 

"You know there's really beautiful bridge in this town. Do you want to see?" Jungkook asks. 

Honestly, Taehyung doesn't want to go. But since his past has made him a people pleaser, he couldn't deny. Thankfully Jungkook is good at reading him.

"You can deny, love. Don't feel pressurized. I will love you anyways!" Jungkook chuckles and tries to motivate him.

"A-Actually, J-ungkook, I.... I'm w-worried about Byul... let's... let's go there with her.... she... she will love it..." Taehyung mumbles.

Jungkook stops the car on the roadside and looks at Taehyung who was nervously tangling his fingers and wasn't looking upwards. "I'm s-sorry... I'm-"

"Taehyung," 

"Y-You... should be s-sorry!" This is the line that Jungkook has taught him if anyone ever tries to boss him around. 

Jungkook chuckles. 

"You are so adorable, do you know that?" Jungkook cooed cupping the elder's face. Taehyung's surprised sockets and unintentional pout makes Jungkook to steal a kiss on the lips. 

"Let's go home and wait for Byul's school to get over, yeah?" Jungkook asks in a soft voice. 

Taehyung nods his head, still trapped in the younger's hold, making the younger chuckle. 

*

Jungkook was now the official owner of Jeon Automobiles, the CEO was still Hoseok. Jungkook managed the important company affairs and he had to be at the place when needed, as per the contract. His salary was the certain share of the profit that his company earned. 

Jungkook liked the deal since he didn't have to leave his family behind and can live together for most of the time. As for Taehyung, Jungkook has planned to get him involved in some part time job in this town itself or else he'll ruin himself by overthinking everything. 

"Tae, it's time for the hot chocolate, come on-"

"It's almost the time, we should bring Byul back. Let's go!" Taehyung says rushing out of their room.

"Tae, look, we still have almost two hours. Come on, take your hot chocolate since you just had your medicines. And get some sleep. I'll wake you up."

"Okay" Taehyung sighs.