♡ Chapter 21 ♡

Taehyung was staring at the sunset. It was the next day since he woke up and was talking to no one. He saw Jungkook on the couch doing some work of office and left even when Jungkook tried to stop him by calling him.

There were too many things going on in his head. He wanted some space. And Jungkook understands that.

He placed himself on the swing and stared at the sun.

Why is he always the one who causes trouble to Jungkook? He came back to stay with his family. He knew it'll be hard to fit in, but still, he decided his part. Only he knows... how did he reach here.

But was everything even worthy?

Does he deserve love?

Does he deserve famil-

"Dad!" Byul chirps. Taehyung was startled. This is someone he least expected to come.

He looks at her while her tiny self jumps and sits on the swing after so many tries.

"Hi," She says. "What are you looking at?" She asks.

Why is she here? Isn't she scared of him after what happened? Like every time?

He notices a little jar in her hand.

"Dad?" Taehyung was startled again. What is happening?

"Hmm?" He sounds careful. He doesn't want to scare her away. He likes the fact that she's sitting here with him.

"I want to sit there," She says, pointing at his lap.

"But you hat -"

And she jumps on his lap.

Hate
Me....?

Taehyung smiles a little. He's proud to feel Byul comfortable with him. He holds his little daughter protectively. At this moment, he feels like the happiest man alive.

"Thank you." She too was staring at the sunset. "...for coming back to us..."

Taehyung felt some drops on hand only to find Byul weeping.

"W-what happened?" He asks, cupping her little face. She just hugs him. "Thank you for bringing me with you..." She sobs.

"Of course, I would bring this precious little fairy with me." He kisses her head with a smile. "I... I was wondering if my mom would have loved me if she was alive. Because... I am not a good girl, right?"

Taehyung holds her tighter. "Why would you say that, my princess?"

"You... you left me too. I thought you'll never come back. I.. I thought Appa would always have to cry and work."

"Hush baby," He consoles, patting her little back. Her back is the size of his whole palm.

"I'm sorry, I was mean to you..." She cries.

"I'm here, princess. I won't go anywhere, I promise." He has no experience in shutting this little soul. But he can just be honest instead, right? "It's getting cold now. Let's get inside?" Taehyung asks, carrying the little girl. She nods, drowning her little face in his neck.

*

Jungkook saw him. He saw them. He's so proud to see his family.

Things are still awkward between Jungkook and Taehyung. As for Jungkook, he doesn't know what to talk to the elder.

And Taehyung was too embarrassed to talk to the younger. Thank goodness Byul was here to save Tae from this awkward silence during their dinner.

She was talking about her school life, and Taehyung was admiring this little chatterbox.

"Appa, ice cream time?" Byul requests to Jungkook. And oh, how can he ignore her precious pout.

Jungkook smiles at her and serves her some ice creams. She enjoys while Tae smiles, adoring her.

Weirdly enough, she finishes it hurriedly. And hides the bowl.

"Dad, do you want to see a magic trick?" Byul whispers in Taehyung's ears.

He was really enjoying this. This... normal life.... he loves it.

He nods.

"Appa, ice cream time?" Byul requests Jungkook who was doing dishes. She smiles at Taehyung as if showing him her biggest secret. She hides her previous bowl under the table.

Jungkook smiles at her and serves another bowl of ice cream to her.

Taehyung is taken aback. What did just happen?

"Appa forgets things easily, and reacts as if nothing like that has happened." Byul whispers to Taehyung.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung shouts, startled at the possible truth.

"What?" Jungkook didn't seem to reply to him kindly enough.

But Taehyung didn't mind. He just wants answers.

"W-why did you give another bowl of ice cream to Byul? Isn't she supposed to have only one?" Taehyung desperately asks.

"What? Are you stupid? I just gave her one. Please leave me alone, like you do. I'm tired anyways." Jungkook says and leaves for his room.

He didn't forget to tell Byul to go to bed on time.

Taehyung was stunned. Why was his precious Jungkook behaving like this? He clearly saw what had happened!

"Byul, why did he do that?" Taehyung asks, desperately.

"I don't know... it's been a long time since he has been behaving like this. And every time I tell him, he doesn't believe me and scolds me." Byul says. She doesn't know because even Jungkook is unaware.

"I'll go to bed, dad. Or Appa will be upset. Good night," she smiles and leaves for her room.

W-what is wrong with Jungkook?