♡ Chapter 22 ♡

It's been a week, and all Taehyung cares about is Jungkook. He's observing him whenever he gets a chance. This Meaning, Jungkook is in the office most of the time.

"Byul, can I ask you something?" Taehyung asks while she is having her evening snacks watching some random anime on the TV after coming back from school.

She nods. And pauses for a while. She hugs him, thinking he's in some sort of trouble.

Taehyung smiles, pecking her forehead. He picks her up, making her sit on his lap.

"From when... did Jungkook... started forgetting things... do you remember by any chance?" Taehyung asks.

"Umm... if I think about the earliest one... I think it was when he asked my name twice."

W-what?

Jungkook is suffering from that long?

And all Taehyung could do was humiliate and abandon him with this little soul?

Taehyung tried to talk about this to Jimin or Seokjin, but they were outside the country for their respective jobs.

'We need to talk.' Taehyung has dropped him a text.

'Fine' Jungkook texts back.

*

It's around 1 o clock at night, and Jungkook still wasn't home.

His phone was reachable, but he wasn't picking up the call.

Byul was asleep in her room.

Anxiousness was crippling in Taehyung's heart. There is no sign of Jungkook until now.

He decided to look for the younger. It was raining outside. And the thunderstorms were roaring at its peak.

That's when he found Jungkook standing in the middle of the road.

Drenched.

Scared.

"Jungkook!!!!" Taehyung yells, scared.

That's when Jungkook saw a beautiful man running towards him with worried eyes. Just like the day when a certain boy did when they were kids.

His heart fluttered.

This man is here to save him.

He didn't abandon him after beating him? He remembers his new sweater was ruined from the blood and dirt.

Wait.

Isn't today that happened?

Jungkook's mind was playing tricks with him.

When suddenly the thunder roars.

He flinched, going back to the day when Taehyung threw him out in the balcony to spend his nights.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook softly pleaded. Taehyung's worried and confused eyes couldn't reciprocate.

"I'm sorry, but can I please c-come inside? I'm s-scared of th-thunderstorms." He requested as if on the behalf of Jungkook from that day.

"Pl-please?"

"Jungkook..." Taehyung hugged him with all his might. "I'm sorry, Jungkook." He cups his face. "I'm sorry, I'm late." He kissed the younger as he looked at him with confused eyes. "Let's get inside. Yeah?"

Jungkook doesn't look like he understands anything at the moment. Taehyung dragged him inside the home.

He took Jungkook to his room. Stood him under the shower.