♡ Chapter 17 ♡

Jungkook doesn't know when he fell asleep while crying in the night. 

It was when he heard faint voices of birds chirping, someone giggling. 

Who's it?

Byul? 

He smiles as he hears the giggles of the little girl. He sits up in his bed. His hair is going in all the direction. 

Wait. Why's Byul giggling?

His mom isn't home even. 

Did Taehyung leav-

He rushed out of the bed and ran like a crazy in his whole house. He kept opening every door of his room hysterically. His mind was all blank. 

He ran without caring that he was wearing his slippers the wrong way. He ran like a maniac.

He was reminded of the day in the hospital, the next day when he woke up with the biggest shock he was forced to handle.

He found Byul in her room. She was watching television and got startled by the sudden appearance of her disheveled Appa. 

He ran downstairs as fast as he could. 

And just then, his leg slips in the last few steps. He falls down but crawls to crawls desperately to search for ..... for someone precious. 

Did he fail again? Does he really deserve to be alone? Did h-

"Jungkook!!" Th-that voice. 

Jungkook looks to the face that he has yearned to be so close to. 

The precious face that... that shows worry for him. 

The lips that is calling his name. 

The eyes that hold so much....... love?

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asks, checking Jungkook's feet to search for wounds, if any.

Jungkook breaks down just there. He... he has seen this face desperately in his dreams. 

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispers as a prayer.

But Jungkook was just scared... scared if he'd touch this Angel's face, he'll disappear. Like in his dreams.

"What happened?" Taehyung asks, embracing the younger. 

Jungkook couldn't hear anything. He just cried as loud as he could. His face held in between the elder's embrace, damping the elder's shirt.